Page 111 of 138 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1371

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 111

Living&LovingPB is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    Hey Mamagrok! I see you're still working hard at figuring things out. I hope the pieces come together for you soon! Hope you're having a great summer!
    (paulalynn from Dr. Kruse's site)

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Thank you!

It does seem that the fat-problem connection is there. I did have one instance of pain without having what I thought was much fat, and had fat once without a problem. Maybe it's a matter of having just below the threshold at one meal, and then again at the next meal, = too much.

But why?!

!!

I've been eating a high fat diet for FOUR YEARS without this stuff. The bloating has been there a long while, but the cramps & runs & RUQ dull tenderness didn't start till late last fall or so (several months into LR, one month into 65g breakfast, I think?).

Why would I suddenly start having gall bladder problems? I have no idea. But I *am* happy to have some direction in which to focus. I've been going easy on all fats but CO, and poof, starting losing fat again for the first time in five months.

!

I found a website talking about a connection between hypothyroid and gall bladder emptying.

Low thyroid function translates to slower metabolism, reduced hydrochloric acid output, slower digestion, reduced gallbladderemptying, formation of gallstones and sometimes even slower mental acuity.
    http://www.gallbladderattack.com/cgi...uestionaire.pl

Perhaps low thyroid -> slowly emptying GB -> swells with discomfort + not enough bile getting gut to digest fat = bloating? (But still, stool is dark=plenty of bile...?) More fat than it can handle at once -> signal to GET THE FOOD THROUGH WITH DIGESTION = waves of painful cramps -> diarrhea? (but still, dark...?)

At any rate, as I suspected, when my gut got happy, even though it's not 100% or totally consistent, I started losing fat again. My hip bones come back within a few hours of each meal, I never get the awful hypersensitive-love-handle feeling, & most measurements are down. Woke up one day 1.5lb below the day previous, but up again 136-138 since. Some day, the Lord willing, I'll figure it out!

In the meantime, I am going to re-introduce eggs & probably butter oil. I really need to get nutrients in so another babe can be healthfully conceived some time soon, the Lord willing.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

140+ (was 135.5 3 days ago. 2 days ago got round in the belly & sides; still don't know why)
    BBT - 97.0 (CD 15)
    283 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein, w/i 30m of rising: yes.no(40m).
    - 5+ hrs between B/L & L/D: 6 (too long).4.5 (too short)
    - finished dinner by 7:30, 3.5hrs between dinner & bed: no(8).close.
    - no snacking, <50g carb/day, 100% primal, GAPS: yes.no(fruit strips).yes.yes.
    - morning temp & sun; dark house @ sunset:no.sorta.
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO:yes.none.

Morning
    D5K, Bcmplx150: out.yes.
    HCl, DigEnz, Bitters: no.yes.yes.
    CO, Probx: 2T.yes.
    Feverfew, Curcumin:
    Organs, broth, ferments: liver/heart/kidney.yes.pickle juice.

Midday
    15m sun, Cold: no.no.
    Salt, Potassium: big pinch.yes.
    Se200, Seaweed: no.
    Green tea, VitC, ACV: 2C.no.no.
    Glutathione, Zinc: no.
    Mg, Liver support: LEFMag.no.

Suspect foods (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh): trace red pepper, apple juice (in fruit strips) ... can't remember if apples are FODMAPs.

B - 6.2oz braunschweiger, sm piece ssg, ferm pickle juice.
    L - soup: broth, CO, yellow squash, thin ssg slice, liver galore, cumin, probably too much cinnamon. Kept eating: two TJ's dried fruit strips, three TJ's dark choc caramel bites (like rolos, but much smaller).
    D - 1-2oz ham steak, bite cooked kale, ?

Results
    - Energy: 6. Mood: 6.
    - Bloating: round today, don't know why.
    - Skin: Very soft, other than slight arm bumps this week.
    - Sleep: Last week I found myself lying awake for an hour or so each night, and had no idea why. I got way behind in sleep, but to avoid lying awake at night, I decided to get up at 8 or 8:20 (nap button!) each day, and skip naps, no matter how hard. It was hard!! But I'm very slowly catching up, and also falling asleep very quickly and heavily at night, as I'd hoped. Last night, slept 11-8:20. Heavy dreaming, as usual.

I'm just really, ,really bloated now. Dunno why, either. Literally no guesses. Fat intake has been consistent. More fruit the last 2-3 days, but I had had that last week with no problem. Broth?? (seems like I didn't have any yesterday, though, can't remember)
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 08-09-2012 at 07:56 PM.

Horsewoman is offline Senior Member
    Gluten intolerance and hypermobility syndrome http://www.cfids.org/pdf/joint-hypermobility-guide.pdf

Eat food. Mostly real. Enjoy life.

Health, energy, wellbeing, vitality, joy, LIFE! Health At Every Size

"Do not ask what the world needs; ask yourself what makes you come alive. And then go and do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive."
    Harold Whitman

Thanks! No doubt that IBS is an appropriate blanket term for my symptoms. I just can't figure out what suddenly changed to cause this. So odd!

Okay, lots to catch up on. I was way bloated for about four days & never figured out why. TJ's B complex?? Who knows.

It went away when I did GAPS intro again Mon-Wed. Dropped 2.5lb the first day (bye, bloat!). Felt better than in a few weeks the second day. Dropped .5lb the third day. Saw my ribs again (even while lower gut was still not great). Ate a ton of sprouted-buckwheat/coconut/raising trail mix. Felt brick in stomach. Body rejected it entirely within 20 minutes!

My eyelids seem to be less droopy this week! AND ... holy moly ... conversation at Trader Joe's tonight:

TJ's cashier: Do you play sports or something? Soccer? Tennis? You must play something; you look so athletic. ... you haven't worked out in FIVE YEARS?!

Me: (beaming on the way home with my whole fat yogurt & pounds of Kerrygold butter)

Something's changing!

K-Mtl is offline Junior Member
    Hi MG!

Still coming here and reading you. Can't forget you, you've been my inspiration at the beginning of my journey I hope you are doing good and you'll finally figure out that bloating.

Are you're still Cting?

Frak.

hilltowner is offline Junior Member
    What's up? i have missed you.

A near binge. IDK; does it count? 1000 calories worth of creme brulee (not hard to do!), a hefty serving of yogurt covered raisins, and a couple strips of (100% fruit) fruit leather.

Yeah, probably not. But it WAS out of control, and it was completely not what I intellectually willed to eat, and made me feel horrible, physically.

These cravings have been creeping up this summer while I've been experimenting with whether fat might be contributing to IBS. The less animal fat I eat (even when it's mostly replaced with coconut oil), the more cravings rear their ugly heads.

I'm stuck at 140lb, too. I think it's almost all water weight in the same areas - thigh/wrist/calves - & bloating in the belly. It feels so wretched.

Well, I idon't have cancer, so I oughtta quit griping.