Page 109 of 138 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1371

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 109

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    DEcided to let up a little this week b/c I just need some more foods! Still no grain, etc. A bit of butter oil, some fruits (mostly non-FODMAP), some raw carrot,some 85% chocolate w/ mint (and trace soy) ... and I look 6 mo pregnant.

*sigh*
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

Vkiernan is offline Senior Member
    MG, where have you been? I miss you! I also need some input. Dr. K told me to do a Metametrics GI test. Is that what you did when you finally had some tests done? I am trying to figure out if I can do it myself or not.

Thanks much,

Vickie

I did that test and it was the one that told me I (no longer?) have issues with dysbiosis and do have serious problems with fat malabsorption, veg maldigestion, and gluten antibodies.

Alright, update for the week. After one week of eating my normal plain meat & fat & greens, but also adding in some trace amounts of nightshades & sugar (sausage), FODMAPs (various seasonal fruits & veggies), and butter oil, I

- have hangnails galore
    - am chewing on my cheeks & tongue constantly
    - am tic'ing
    - have gas
    - am bloated to looking 6mo pregnant CONSTANTLY
    - am wanting some dairy bad
    - am more tired & lacking enthusiasm with each passing day

So when I gripe that my meat & fat diet isn't doing me any good, remind me that while it may not be eliminating the bloat, it's at least keeping the above away.

Hopefully I got it out of my system, and will go back to plain meat (including liver), fat, & this time, no greens, after today. Instead of greens, I think I'll do cooked carrots & summer squashes only. Just to see. And no supplements at first, but then (without the capsules) Thyrogold, Mg, B complex, C, & D, and we'll see about returning to bitters, then dig enz & HCl, etc.

I just want to get to the point where I can eat any seasonal produce, butter, & eggs. Is that so much to ask?

?
    BBT - 97.3 down again, along with other low thyroid symptoms since last week
    232 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes
    - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising much, much later. haven't wanted to eat bkfst in days b/c so bloated & heavy all the time
    - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
    - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
    - finished dinner by 7:30? yes
    - no snacking yes
    - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes
    - exposure to morning temp & sun yes
    - darkening the house at sunset? yes
    - <50g carb per day, 100% primal & GAPS yes
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes

Morning
    D (5000IU) -
    B complex -
    HCl (600mg/meal) -
    CO -
    Dig Enz -
    Feverfew, Curcumin -
    Probiotic (1NT) -
    DHEA -
    Organs, broth, ferments: coco kefir, broth, liver

Midday
    15m sun - much more over arm, shoulder, partial leg
    Selenium (200mg) -
    Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) -
    ACV -
    Green tea - 2C+
    Salt and/or potassium - yes, normal amounts
    Seaweed -
    Glutathione -
    Zinc (for NAC) -
    Mg (400mg) -
    Liver support -

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) - trace BBQ sauce accidentally
    Cold - craving

B - soup: ground goat w/ cumin, cinn, oregano, broth, greens, carrots, CO; BUTTER OIL (teeth hurting & out of liver)roast beef, liver, jowl, carrot, ylw squash

D - tons of unsauced BBQ pork. tons of cinnamon & cumin. Very, very bloated and heavy afterward.

Results
    - energy 5/10 going to maybe 3/10; mood 5/10
    - bloating - 4mo; 6mo
    - skin = upper arms less smooth. Hair has been full on upper arms & legs for a month now, PBTG!
    - slept 11-10:30 with two breaks of at least one hour. Don't know why. Woke sweating first time, like last night. Two nights ago I had sweet potato & butter. Yesterday I had cheesecake (no crust or wheat), bite ice cream, lots of butter, gluten-free cornbread mix, fruit, etc. Lots of BBQ sauce, though. Almost entirely primal, no wheat, etc. I also felt very crave-y about the cheesecake. Disappointing.

Well, today's visit to the doctor was better than last year's! They started by not overweighing me by ten pounds, and the weight they had (149) was within 6lbs of my scale, not bad. Of course, that is my weight including the 6lb of bloating and swelling that happened last week.

The doctor really perked up when I said I overcame my binge eating disorder with a paleo diet, and especially with big protein breakfasts. He said he has actually been battling binge eating (esp at night) & increasing tiredness, so I wonder if this will get him on the right track! (He is definitely a drug rep guy.)

He didn't recommend increasing exercise, lol, but I did mention that the chronic fatigue has dramatically improved, that I'm walking here and there now, and expect to be back to pushups, squats, & sprints in the next six months. He had asked if the "paleo diet" (which he wasn't sure what that meant) included exercise.

He mentioned my high LDL, but actually listened when I showed him my NMR that said my LDL is large & fluffy, and - THIS IS GREAT - said that while the standards still currently say "push lifestyle modification for high LDL," the VAP & NMR, and the small/large distinction are on their way. He is totally conventional, so I was very happy to hear this news!!

He indicated that my tender stomach may be gall bladder and/or pancreas (which I finally looked up this morning before going in and noted myself), and ordered pancreas tests like amylase, a right upper quandrant abdominal ultrasound, and referred me to a gastroenterologist, which I think is a very important move to rule out bad stuff. Said he felt no abdominal masses, but while he did poke the tender spot, I'm not sure he felt the hard, deep spot near midline.

He asked if I wanted to see a rheumatologist when I mentioned the positive ANA, and I said I'd probably wait and see if the next ANA was any worse.

He complied with my request for fT3 & rT3, although he said my TSH meant "everything's fine."

He seemed to understand when I said I was mostly eating meat & fat & leafy greens to keep bloating down, but very much wanted to increase the variety in my diet, so I want to get to the bottom of the bloating/fatigue/moodiness/RLS, & pitting edema (I forgot to mention the non-contact bruising). He didn't seem to think I was nuts at any point.

He did suggest following his breakfast routine of lean protein (which he noted helped with his cravings, as opposed to morning carbs) instead of my fattier sausage, pork chops, or steak - "Trader John's" chicken tenderloins microwaved and eaten on the way to work. "They taste terrible," he said. "Fat helps keep the cravings away and while maybe I should fear fat more than I do, I fear sugar far more." He seemed to nod.

I get the feeling his issues are starting to change his perspective a bit.

I felt much more heard & much more confidant & got much more out of the consultation than last year. Next step is to schedule the ultrasound and see the non-covered but naturally minded doc near me, then go on to a gastro based on his recommendation.

Living&LovingPB is offline Junior Member
    It's paulalynn from Jack's site. I just wanted to let you know I'm thinking about you. You've helped so many of us over the last few months I wish I had some words of wisdom for you! I hope you get to the bottom of things soon. {hugs}

Thanks, LLPB! I appreciate the kind words. I really do.

143? still swollen & bloated
    BBT - 97.3 very disappointing post-O
    233 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein, w/i 30m of rising: no.yes.
    - 5+ hrs between B/L & L/D: yes, I think so
    - finished dinner by 7:30, 3.5hrs between dinner & bed: yes.4.
    - no snacking, <50g carb/day, 100% primal, GAPS: yes.yes.yes.
    - morning temp & sun; dark house @ sunset:yes.not really.
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes

Morning
    D5K, Bcmplx150:
    HCl, DigEnz, Bitters:
    CO: 1.5T
    Feverfew, Curcumin -
    Probiotic -
    Organs, broth, ferments: broth galore

Midday
    15m sun - over one arm
    Se200 -
    Vit C -
    ACV -
    Green tea - 2C
    Salt and/or potassium - yes, normal amounts
    Seaweed -
    Glutathione -
    Zinc (for NAC) -
    Mg (400mg) -
    Liver support -

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) - honey?
    Cold -

B - soup: broth, 1.5T CO, yellow squash, cumin

L - soup: broth, .5?CO (no GI), cumin, loads of cinnamon (too much?)

D - soup: broth, yellow squash, cumin, loads of cinnamon. TJ's peppermint patty (just honey, pepp oil, & choc liquor). Felt totally binge-y after eating it; had more soup.

Results
    - energy: 4-5. Mood: 6?
    - bloating - 4mo morning, 5mo after eating (but not 6, so yay), a bit more after dinner than after B & L
    - skin = upper arms less smooth.
    - slept hard again last night, with more vivid & long & irritating dreams (2 nights ago was demons disguised as my deceased grandmother; last night was a man trying to share custody of my baby b/c he claimed it was his). Was awake a while at first, though slept 11:30-8:30?

I realized mid-day today that I probably had wheat yesterday in the demi-glaze on the veal chop. Or not. Could have been corn starch. I'm just irritated I didn't think of it. I did have goat & cow dairy, though. Started sweating twice during the meal, but not at night, thank goodness.

I've felt pretty emotionally dead the last week and a half. Having a hard time caring intensely about things I usually, and desire to, care intensely about.

Lying awake last night, I was trying to think of how to eat minimally today, b/c I've just feflt SO DAGGUM FULL the last few days. The thought just popped into my head to eat just broth. Sounded perfect.

i never once felt hungry. I did have CO & boiled veggie, too. And then fell head first into that (totally primal) peppermint patty. But I was never hungry. I have to keep fasting tomorrow morning for the GI ultrasound. I'll have to think on how long that should last.

Had my ultrasound this morning. I could feel the serious tenderness right at midline this morning, and the hardness, so she cchecked for masses there, too, but didn't take any pictures, so I assume she saw nothing. Also, no gall stones or kidney stones, which is interesting, b/c 4 years ago, ,an ER doc told me my kidney was "full of stones,," and I think it was my right, the same one..

Anyway, I ate broth w/ boiled squash this morning, and CO, but was still hungry, ,so hadd some fatty pernil. Very fatty. And now my belly feels very heavy, after finally deflating and losing the "I am an abdomen" feeling. I think I ate more than I needed, but still way less than 50 or 65g, I'd guess.

So lesson learned ... I probably have some fat issues ... but need fat desperately to keep cravings away. Guess I'll have to lower the animal fat some while keeping up the CO. ?

Interesting notes; my pulse was about 50 last night and still this morning. I feel very sleepy & draggy right now (only 8hrs sleep). I am mouth-breathing & want to do nothing.

ETA Had pain in right hip joint since last week, and a hitch where top left back pelvis meets back. Stffness some, too. Nightshades? Maybe I really do have joint stuff with them?

Mental and physical tics/repetitions more this last week, and a lot more finger popping.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 06-21-2012 at 06:50 PM.