Page 106 of 138 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116 ... LastLast
Results 1,051 to 1,060 of 1371

Thread: Primal Challenge Journal (MamaGrok) page 106

mommymd is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm checking out your journal too. (I don't think he/she's a spambot) Great progress and updates! Your CT seems to be working well for you. I've only tried a few cold showers in the past. Maybe I'll try it in the fall when things get cooler again.

I look forward to you hitting your goal, and seeing some updated pics!

mommymd

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    No, it was a direct plagiarism from someone's post back last September in my journal, and originally had a broken picture attached to it, which is now gone, interestingly.

I think cold showers are miserable! Well, I used to - I can do them now that I'm cold adapted, but it sure is a painful way (for me) to try to get to cold adapted!
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

137.5, even though I was just a hair above that last night and most of the bloating from last night is gone down
    BBT - 96.8. ?? Was that a hypothyroid "fever" yesterday?
    207 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes
    - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising 45m
    - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
    - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
    - finished dinner by 7:30 7:15?
    - no snacking yes
    - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes
    - exposure to morning temp & sun yes
    - darkening the house at sunset? yes
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - <50g carb per day, GAPS (no grains, sugar, legumes, lactose, or starches) yes
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes, &forgot fclo

Morning
    D (5000IU) - forgot
    B complex - new 100mg formulation
    HCl (600mg/meal) - out, but stomach still tender. why?
    CO - 3T. GI all day. . ??
    Dig Enz - 1tsp Swedish bitters & SeaGest before bkfst & dinner
    Feverfew, Curcumin - yes, yes
    Probiotic (1NT) - yes
    DHEA - 1/5? of 100mg cap
    Organs, broth, ferments: coco kefir, liver, broth, FORGOT THYROGOLD;

Midday
    15m sun - yes
    Selenium (200mg) - forgot
    Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) -
    ACV -
    Green tea - 2C
    Salt and/or potassium - both, in former amounts
    Seaweed - off till doing well on full GAPS (polysaccharides)
    Glutathione - out of milk thistle, NAC 1800mg
    Zinc (for NAC) - 50gm
    Mg (400mg) - out
    Liver support - 2C peach yogi detox tea

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) -
    Cold -

B - soup: broth, greens, brat, carnitas, liver, CO

D - pork chops

Results
    - energy 6/10; mood 5/10.
    - bloating - 3mo morning,
    - skin = upper arms less bumpy; other skin super soft
    - slept 11-8 soundly. Woke a few times (don't know why) and worried it would lead to being awake, but went quickly back to sleep each time, even with poison ivy itching & icing. Getting sleepy around noon.

Friend came over and said they decided not to swim b/c it was too cool. I'd been thinking the pool would feel great, and then I realized it was only 67 degrees! I still think it would feel great, but the old me certainly wouldn't have!

Today's victory: three more pair of pants/capris moved to the "fits" side of the closet! Even though I've lost like half a pound in the last two months, things are changing around, for sure. I'm wearing size 6 capris right now. (And not vanity-sized. I bought these probably a decade ago.)
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-21-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Getfitt is offline Junior Member
    Just started following your journey. Great job you are doing great .....I am new to primal/paleo/lepton reset but reading about
    it ....have done hcg without much wt loss so accidentally found Dr.K's site and then MDA will follow your journey while I start my own with everyone .....thanks for inspiration !

Good luck on your journey, Getfitt!! Do keep us posted!

Just found this paper I typed up just over a year ago, in my desperation.

This is after four years on a traditional foods diet, several years working a sugar addiction program, over a year primal, and still bingeing every weekend, and totally unable to stop it.

This also did not stop it. I simply couldn't follow through with the food ideas when faced with temptation that was really appealing to me (high quality, mostly primal sweets).

MY PLAN

I want to be healthy. I want to be rid of immoderate eating, and the mood craziness and exhaustion and food addiction and weight gain and bloating that result from it. I want to lose ten pounds, fast. (instead, I continued gaining for another 6 weeks, and took six months to take off the ten pounds from the binges even once I got the binges stopped. will power simply wasn't enough until it was applied to the RIGHT tactic.)

I know that "just one bite" is a lie for me. It will always, always mean at least a week recovery, and likely really means three weeks minimum. ONE BITE is THREE WEEKS recovery. This is my truth and will likely be my truth for at least the next five years. (yep, still is)

My plan is to eat mostly GAPS. No potatoes, most beans, grains, or sugars except on truly special occasions. On those special occasions, I need to re-read my plan and pray and develop a specific plan of action with dh to cope. I'll have ONLY whole fruit, no more than three tiems a week, seasonally, and only after dinner. Potatoes or sweet potatoes or corn exemption twice per month. (I had to build in exemtpions, because I truly could not say no entirely. Once I implemented the LR, though, and had my morning protein up high enough for long enough, I was easily able to make rational decisions about food choices and simply exclude anything I believed was compromising my health. As it turned out, ALL of these exemption foods were, and now I am not eating any of them, and am doing GAPS, and also excluding nightshades, dairy, nuts, & FODMAPs, with no discipline problems at all. It is not an effort. My mind is in control of my food choices now. No matter how hard I tried for it to be last spring, it simply couldn't win until I gave it what it needed - the BAB.)

Fermented dairy is still up in the air. Measure out yogurt before eating. No more than three servings of cheese per week. Nuts once a week max. (I continued to binge on homemade raw yogurt a quart at a time until the very first day I started the LR, when it instantly stopped. Note that at the time I started the LR, I had already been having 25g protein each morning, plenty of fat, and a 80/20 primal diet, for several years.)

Broth and ferments at least twice a day . Detox baths as needed.

I will be mindful of portion size starting May 2, 2011. (The first week will be plentiful nutrients for recovery.)(shoulda doubled the amount and made it three months instead - that's what it ultimately took!) 1 svg protein & 1-2 svg fat per meal. 1C yog per day. <1 svg fruit per day (this is hand-written)

I will do SimpleFit, housework, talk a walk, or sprint every day. (once the food started working, weight loss happened naturally, and I decided to let my body tell me when I would be ready exercise. It still hasn't happened, but I feel very, ver yclose. I can take walks occasionally now without it feeling like pulling teeth.)

I will take B12, HCl, D, & Mg every day.

I will spend at least 15 minutes in the sun every day. (funny, these last two things are happening easily now. I think it's because as fatigue lifts, inertia is losing its stronghold over me and I can more easily do all the things I intend to do. I'm relishing my time in the sun each day)

I will follow my schedule, praying every hour about what I do in the next hour. I do not need to learn anything else off the internet. (well, I was wrong on at least one count. 50+g protein each morning changed EVERYthing for me, making all else much easier to accomplish, including household duties and homeschooling)

I will keep my home picked up, my children educated, my laundry clean and put away, and meals on time: 8, 12, 6:30.

I will commit to this each morning, and fulfill it each day, by the grace of God.

It's a new day.

May 9, 2011

It hurts to see, from things like this, how recently I was still obviously blaming myself (my perceived lack of will power & self-discipline) for my condition. No, it is not that I just needed to buck up and do it. I had tred and tried and tried to do that, and here yet again, I had done it. In writing. And looked at it daily. And resisted the crap for 6.8 days a week, then fell for .2 days, and repeated that every week for 2 months until I was totally miserable, 10lb fatter, completely unable to stop, and just happened across the LR thread, which changed everything.

It wasn't a lack of willpower; it was willpower applied to the wrong things. Yes, I needed to establish limits and exercise moderation in the foods that I could tolerate - but that was not possible until I got enough protein & fat in in the moring.
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-22-2012 at 07:28 AM.

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Just wanted to say hi! I started a journal, hoping it will help. I'm doing pretty well, today is day 6 with no binges or sugar! Baby steps..... How are you doing?

So, a family member tells me yesterday, "Looks like you're losing too much weight, or at least too fast." I smiled and said, "half pound in 6 weeks, I think I'm probably safe."

She couldn't believe that was true. And I did just get into smaller pants ... must be some body recomp going on, although not even my measurements show it!

Speaking of which, wrist was up the last two days. Swelling swelling swelling.

Marissa, best wishes on your journey! I know some amazing things are in store or you!

<137.5, even though I was just a hair above that last night
    BBT - 97.2
    208 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - finished dinner by 7:30 5:15
    - no snacking yes
    - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime 5
    - exposure to morning temp & sun some
    - darkening the house at sunset? will
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes

Morning
    D (5000IU) - 10,000IU
    B complex - new 100mg formulation
    HCl (600mg/meal) - out, but stomach still tender. why?
    CO - 3T.
    Dig Enz - 1tsp Swedish bitters & SeaGest before bkfst & dinner
    Feverfew, Curcumin - yes,
    Probiotic (1NT) - yes
    DHEA - 1/5? of 100mg cap
    Organs, broth, ferments: coco kefir, liver, broth, thyrogold; coco kefir, sauerkraut

Midday
    15m sun - no, stuck inside
    Selenium (200mg) - yes
    Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) -
    ACV -
    Green tea - 2C+
    Glutathione - out of milk thistle, NAC 1200mg
    Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
    Mg (400mg) - out

Cold - none, but wanted it!

B - soup: broth, greens, brat, liver, CO

D - brats, sk, coco kefir (an ounce, as usual). Really had the munchies at 3:30pm!! Finally gave in and ate, then an hour later had to eat again, so just filled up with dinner. Haven't had that since last week. Stared at fruit, but found nothing that I could have that seemed appealing. Bananas seem so tasteless now.

Results
    - energy 5/10; mood 5/10. Lots of visiting children to keep busy, took a lot of mental energy to face it.
    - bloating - 3mo morning,
    - slept 12-8 soundly. Was woken by children at 8, VERY sleepy. Dragging now at 10am
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 05-22-2012 at 06:08 PM.

(this is for yesterday) 137
    BBT -
    209 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - finished dinner by 7:30 5:15
    - no snacking yes
    - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime 5
    - exposure to morning temp & sun some
    - darkening the house at sunset? no
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes, forgot fclo

Morning
    D (5000IU) -
    B complex - no supps today as an experiment
    HCl (600mg/meal) - out, still tender
    CO - 3T.
    Dig Enz -
    Feverfew, Curcumin -
    Probiotic (1NT) -
    DHEA -
    Organs, broth, ferments: liver, broth, sauerkraut, kidney;

Midday
    15m sun - no
    Selenium (200mg) -
    ACV -
    Green tea - 2C
    Glutathione -
    Zinc (for NAC) -
    Mg (400mg) -

Cold -

B - soup: broth, greens, brat, liver, CO

D - two brats, then fine, then really overfull the rest of the evening

Results
    - energy 6/10; mood 6/10. did lots of work in the house, although sleepy part of the day
    - bloating - 3mo morning, 5mo+ at night. WHY????
    - slept 11-9 with a 2hr wakening for itchy arms