- 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
    - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
    - finished dinner by 7:30 yes, 7
    - no snacking yes
    - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime yes
    - exposure to morning temp & sun yes, 50s, felt great in a tee + shorts
    - darkening the house at sunset yes
    - 100% primal diet yes
    - <50g carb per day, GAPS (no grains, sugar, legumes, lactose, or starches) trace sugar in ssg
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO yes

Morning
    D (5000IU) - 12,000IU
    B complex - yes
    HCl (600mg/meal) -with bkfst
    CO - 3T
    Dig Enz - Digest Gold before bkfst & dinner
    Feverfew - yes
    Probiotic (1NT) - yes
    DHEA - holding off ... and got to sleep quickly last night again
    Organs, broth, ferments: liver, broth, hm kevita, thyrogold (I think);

Midday
    15m sun - yes
    Selenium (200mg) - yes, I think
    Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) -
    ACV -
    Green tea - 2C
    Salt and/or potassium - 1/4tsp lite salt, 1tsp CSS
    Seaweed - off till doing well on full GAPS (polysaccharides)
    Glutathione - 1cap milk thistle w/ bkfst & dinner, NAC 1800mg
    Zinc (for NAC) - 50mg
    Mg (800mg) - yes, pain & GI 1hr later, strong. Maxed out? felt sluggish after
    Liver support - 2C yogi detox tea - this stuff feels so right for me

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) - trace cayenne
    Cold - 10m in 50 degree river - AWESOME! Felt SO good! More below.

B - soup: chorizo ssg, ssg, liver, broth, collards, 3T CO; hm jerky. Increased protein to >65 again to try to stave off the hunger that assailed me at 4:30pm again yesterday.

D - jerky, pork chop & fat, sausage

Results
    - energy 6/10; mood 6/10
    - bloating - 3mo morning, not too bad during day or after meals,
    - skin = smoother than yesterday,
    - Slept 10:45-9, interrupted by baby & dh many times, but fell asleep quickly each time, still had headache when I woke.
    - mild edema in morning & evening
    - pulse up in morning, shaky before breakfast
    - Feeling LOADS better than yesterday morning
    Last edited by MamaGrok; 04-22-2012 at 07:29 PM.
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I realized last week that DUH I have a 50 degree water source (no ice necessary) 24/7/365 1 mile from my house - the Chattahoochee River! (water is released from the bottom of the dam = 47 degrees when it comes out, and according to the NPS, rarely exceeds 50 degrees through our area any time of the year)

So I finally was able to do it today ... was feeling hot after a hike, even though it was 63 degrees with an icy wind ... took the plunge!

My feet were shocked when I walked in, but quickly - REALLY quickly - felt fine. My legs were fine from the start, and never felt anything but warm right after getting in. I sat down quickly (amazing, since I haven't even done that in my 65 degree baths!) and my arms felt pain for about the first minute, then fine. Forearms and hands grew sluggish. I gradually moved deeper, ended up shoulder deep. I had dh time me for 10m, b/c we had to go somewhere afterward.

I could have stayed in forever. I quickly felt warm almost everywhere. If I were going for an extended stay, I would have covered hands & head, but for 10m, it was easy. A boat came by and asked for help getting out b/c their battery (?!) had just died. I think they were pretty stunned someone would be swimming on any day in the Hooch, much less one like this!

I actually felt warmer than dh who was dry and clothed. The wind didn't make my head or shoulders cold, even though they were outof the water. Hikers going by were in pants and some long sleeves. I was swimming.

I felt like SuperWoman.

When I got out, I felt warm. I dripped all the way to the car (no towel), and felt warm, even in the wind. It felt like my core & legs were made out of heaters. Awesome! I felt warm in the car, and exhilarated, like I just got off a roller coaster and couldn't wait to do it again!

I'd LOVE to do it every day. I think it's wisest to do it with dh, since it is COLD, and the water sometimes rises or speeds up rapidly when they release water from the dam. So I'll try to do it several times a week, at least. A heck of a lot easier than buying ice or lugging frozen water bottles all the time!! And no water bill increase! And birds flying by!

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Awesome story - love it!

Just remembered - I mentioned to dh that when I get out of the river in the summer on a 90 degree day, I'm usually freezing. Just got out on a 60 degree blustery day and felt warm. What a difference that internal furnace makes!

ETA I didn't shiver at all! I did feel somewhat colder the rest of the day than I did before it ... aftercool, takes some getting used to, I'm sure.

I still didn't get pink at all. Whatever that indicates!

BBT - got the batteries, lost the thermometer, lol
    179 days binge-free!

Leptin Resistance goals:
    - Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein yes
    - Breakfast w/i 30m of rising yes, but lasted forever
    - 5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch yes, no lunch
    - 5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner yes, no lunch
    - finished dinner by 7:30
    - no snacking
    - 3.5+ hrs between dinner & bedtime
    - exposure to morning temp & sun no, refused to go outside (40 & windy & feeling IRRITABLE)
    - darkening the house at sunset
    - 100% primal diet
    - <50g carb per day, GAPS (no grains, sugar, legumes, lactose, or starches) trace sugar in ssg
    - no PUFA's other than fCLO

Morning
    D (5000IU) - 10,000IU
    B complex - yes
    HCl (600mg/meal) -with bkfst
    CO - 3T
    Dig Enz - Digest Gold before bkfst &
    Feverfew - yes
    Probiotic (1NT) - yes
    DHEA - holding off ... and got to sleep quickly last night again
    Organs, broth, ferments: coco kefir,

Midday
    15m sun -
    Selenium (200mg) -
    Vit C (to BT till I know how much it takes on a normal day, then switch to acerola to find the same thing) -
    ACV -
    Green tea -
    Salt and/or potassium - 1/4tsp lite salt, 1tsp CSS
    Seaweed - off till doing well on full GAPS (polysaccharides)
    Glutathione - 1cap milk thistle w/ bkfst & , N
    Zinc (for NAC) -
    Mg (400mg) -
    Liver support -

Foods that make me feel bad (FODMAPs, nightshades, coconut flesh) - trace cayenne
    Cold -

B - as much jerky, ssg, & brats as I could stand. DID NOT WANT to eat more than a bite, did not want to cook. Sip coco kefir, some hm kevita

D -

Results
    - energy /10; mood /10
    - bloating - 3mo morning,
    - skin =
    - Slept 11:15-7:45 or whenever TG woke me. Tired & Grumpy
    - really ticked off ever since I woke up and realized ToddlerGrok was awake and I wouldn't get to get the house cleaned quickly in silence. It's been 2hrs and I'm still viciously grumpy, can't stand eating,, yelling at the walls, and don't want to do anything but sit & grump even though my weight/swelling/bloat is good & my body/physical energy feels fine. BLEH! (cold detox?)

Pony500 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    Went on to have a nice, food-free social evening (didn't need to stay in the kitchen all night, like before), and had a great time joining the pro bluegrass band (and various combos made from a lot of other partygoers coming in and out of the mix) singing my heart out and holding my own with them - SO GRATEFUL for the changes that going primal has had on my voice.
    Hey MommaGrok--I've been jumping around your journal and I saw in a few places you talked about your voice improving. I am not a singer by any stretch of the imagination, but I have taken some lessons and have attempted to improve my voice. Anyway, just the other day, I started singing and I felt as though I had a little more range and I thought it was unusual. I wondered about it, but didn't really try to find out if anyone else had that happen and of course, because I'm not really a singer, but was just playing around, I thought I must be imaging it--but now after reading what you've said, I'm wondering and thinking maybe I should try my lessons again!

P.S. and I see you have discovered you have issues with FODMAPS too--yeah, I do too! When I hear of people combining fruit with things I cringe because all I can think of is horrible belly rumbling, gas and bloating.......I don't remember where bananas fall on that, but those are about the only fruit I can eat without consequenses. I have to look into the nightshade thing though, I don't know if I have issues with them or not.........
    Last edited by Pony500; 04-23-2012 at 11:41 AM.

K-Mtl is offline Junior Member
    180 days binfe-free MG!! 6 months! Half a year! This is amazing!! You're the rock star of leptin!!

Today is my 30 days mark, and I can't believe I went through the whole month with no binge. And now that I've done that, I can see myself keep going on the long run, one day at the time

Keep going and inspiring so many of us.

Btw, I loved your story about the river deep. Awesome! I wish I had a natural source of cold water that close.

kkcarlton is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Mtl View Post
    180 days binfe-free MG!! 6 months! Half a year! This is amazing!! You're the rock star of leptin!!

Today is my 30 days mark, and I can't believe I went through the whole month with no binge. And now that I've done that, I can see myself keep going on the long run, one day at the time

Keep going and inspiring so many of us.

Btw, I loved your story about the river deep. Awesome! I wish I had a natural source of cold water that close.
    You are both doing great.
    Started Atkins:: 1996
    Started Paleo: 2003
    Illness Started: 2008
    Started Leptin Reset: 01.10.2012
    Thighs Starting Size: 54.8 cm
    Thighs Goal Size: 53.5 cm
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread46986.html

I'm in Florida picking up my daughter from a week with Grandma, and the hotel has four pools - three of them heated. I took my two year old to the only pool that wasn't heated (and keep in mind, it was 43 degrees here yesterday morning, and almost as cold today) - I LOVED it. It felt so awesome. Probably about 75-80 degrees, very refreshing.

Still eating well, had some odd detox this week with lots of flaring emotions - I basically felt like a two year old, throwing a total temper tantrum every time something didn't go my way. That is NOT like me, and I didn't lik it at all. I also woke after just 6hrs sleep the other night, bleh. But did okay on it, and mostyl caught up today. Detox most likely from ye olde river. Gonna do that again, for sure.

I'll write back soon to get back to all the comments - y'all have a good one!

Thanks for the comments, all!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pony500 View Post
    I wondered about it, but didn't really try to find out if anyone else had that happen and of course, because I'm not really a singer, but was just playing around, I thought I must be imaging it--but now after reading what you've said, I'm wondering and thinking maybe I should try my lessons again!
    My voice goes up and down with what I eat. It's totally amazing. I lose range, but not much anymore. Mainly I lose clarity, and the ability to go over the break easily. I haven't experimented to find out whether it's wheat, industrial oils, or sugar, or a combination, or some other broader category (b/c it still happens some now that I'm not having any of those, but rarely), but would love to know why it's happening.

BTW, ,bananas are listed as fine on the FODMAPs charts. Ironic, b/c it is definitely the one fruit I can live without, especially since it didn't even exist as a truly edible fruit until 150ish years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by K-Mtl View Post
    I can see it, too - GO GO GO!!