Thread: Mrsmcmeaty's intro page

mrsmcmeaty is offline Member

Mrsmcmeaty's intro

Shop Now
    Hi everyone, I've spent many hours over the last 10 days reading threads, blogs, searching for info on my very long list. What a well informed and lively lot you are!

I am a 49 yo female, never really been healthy, certainly not energetic; unco and rather read a book. Well I would push myself to exercise but never enjoyed it. Have had an interest in nutrition for many years, also tried nearly every diet out there.

After the birth of my third child 25 yrs ago I had a massive post-partum bleed, 4 litres, & nearly had total organ failure. Add some chemical poisonind from working in a plant nuresery, I was diagnosed with Chronic fatigue.

The severity of it has fluctuated over the years, when I was able to afford mega vitamins and alternative treatments it was held somewhat in check.

Since then I have developed- fibromyalgia, type 2 diabetes*, migraines*, high blood pressure*, and obesity. (Rx for*)

Depression has dogged me since I was a child; 6 yrs ago I was diagnosed bipolar* after a major breakdown. (19th )

I started Atkins about 18 months ago and lost weight quite easily but was ALWAYS thinking about food & still didn't really feel much better. After losing my youngest grandson to drowning I strapped on the nosebag and ate myself to where I am now-117kg, well I have lost 8kg since August, back on Atkins.

I came accross this site 10 days ago and took it on board immediately. Have cut out all dairy, eaten chicken liver twice, bought coconut oil...even managed some wall pushups!

Like every other newbie I wish I'd found this years ago; and I am annoying people with my recommendations and quotes

Couple of Q's-

Since I have a lot of weight to lose, I've set my carb intake between 25-50g /day. I struggle most days to eat enough, oh I forgot to mention irritable bowel, can I have most of my veges cooked and still benefit?

I'm also struggling to eat enough calories; I'm tracking on CRON-O-meter and even adding in extra fat I'm pushing to get 1600. Any suggestions?

I can't afford lots of supplements ( I'm on disability) but am taking B complex and Vit C

My goal is to heal my body and mind and be the person I am meant to be.

Thankyou for this wonderful community
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Awww. I hope primal works out wonderfully for you. I am self-diagnosed as bi-polar. I am convinced that primal has helped.

You probably don't need to go below 50g/day. Experiment to see what works.

Sure, cooked veggies are fine. Some here don't eat them at all, which I don't understand. Mark loves big assed salads but I don't see any paleolithic reason to eat them.

Don't count calories. Eat enough to be satisfied. Experiment.

Hugs
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

mrsmcmeaty is offline Member
    Thanks Hedonist for your reply- I was beginning to think that my list of woes was too long and had put people off!

I have been feeling quite ill the for the last week so haven't been eating as much as usual; suffice to say the calories have been low. Mentally though I already am feeling I have more clarity and focus- even though I was already low carb I have cut out dairy, the occasional diet drink and Atkins bars.

I no longer have to get up 2 or 3 times in the night to pee and am sleeping deeply, in fact I have needed much more sleep than usual but this might be part of healing?

The nightshades might be next- have read enough on this site to think excluding them for awhile to see what difference it makes could be worthwhile.
    There is a crack in everything, that's how the light gets in - Leonard Cohen