Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal - Mayness page 2

mayness is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

Yesterday I binged - well, 2 mini luna bars, and some nuts that I hadn't planned on eating. I had terrible gas all night. Maybe that'll teach me. I'm starting to think the gas I've always had might be from gluten. I've ruled out lactose and all artificial sweeteners, but I don't think I ever tried getting rid of gluten before doing the primal thing.

I finally got a copy of Gary Taubes' "Good Calories, Bad Calories" from the library!

We joined a CSA. =] For around $500 we get about 26 weeks of veggies (and a few fruits), and access to U-pick herbs, flowers, and some berries. It starts around the beginning of May - I CAN'T WAIT!!

This weekend is a recruitment/interview weekend for my PhD program, and I was asked to eat breakfast with some of the recruits this morning. It's a catered breakfast at a faculty member's house. I'm hoping there's *something* there I can eat.. but worst case scenario, I enjoy the free coffee, focus on chatting with the recruits, and make myself some food when I get home.

Oh, also, I've been GAINING weight. I'm not worrying about it this weekend, but Monday I stop fooling around and get to work eating healthier (primal-er) and eating less.

"mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

I'm blogging again, at least a little bit.

I don&#39;t think anyone reads this, but what the heck.

Had a weekend of awful eating... it included half a bagel, a sugar-sweetened yogurt, a huge piece of carrot cake, and about 1.5 cups of ice cream. Over the course of 2 days. Boo.

Got back on track, kept Monday and Tuesday under 75g of carbs. Today I skipped breakfast just to prove that I could. (I&#39;m so hungry now... just an hour or so until I can eat!)

Down to a new (recent) low weight today, 125.6. Hoping to see 125 by the end of the week! That will put me 10 lbs from my goal weight... but I&#39;m starting to lose faith in that number, because I&#39;ve still got A LOT of extra fat and am totally unhappy with the shape of my body, and I can&#39;t see that being fixed with 10 more pounds.

"mayness, you need to have a siggy line that says "Paleo Information Desk" or something!" -FMN <3

avocado is offline Senior Member

I think the grains and sugar you keep eating keep throwing you off! I don&#39;t mean to criticize, because you are eating a lot better than I am right now :-) But it seems obvious from the point of view of someone reading your journal. I wonder if a little higher fat might help.

I hear you, though, on using up the food you have because you&#39;re poor! I&#39;m in the same boat.

Congrats on 125.

I&#39;m still alive, just busy. =]

I started weight lifting again last week, and gained a couple pounds, no big deal. But then I had a weekend full of CANDY (my mom came to visit and brought me Easter candy) and gained a few more. I hit 131.0 on Monday, boooo.

Monday was great, then yesterday I ate too much at night. Including more candy. (More like the rest of the candy.) Right before bed. I woke up this morning NOT HUNGRY... for maybe the first time ever. I was actually pretty nauseous for a while. For "breakfast" I drank my tea with coconut milk. 3 hours later I was finally hungry, so I just had some cheese... I&#39;m saving lunch for its normal time so I don&#39;t end up hungry in the afternoon when I have no access to food. Anyway, I think this is a success in a way... my body is starting to actually react when I put too much junk in it. I&#39;ve still got a bit of a headache, maybe I&#39;ll have some coffee.

I&#39;ve been running outside since the weather has been nice. I can run so much longer/faster than I could in the fall.. which is weird. I&#39;m not gonna question it though, it&#39;s a lot of fun. I actually ran for 25 minutes straight a few days ago.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    Mayness? Do you 3FC? .... SusanB

Hi Susan, yes, it's me. =] How fun to see you here.

tooround is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi honey!

I am loving this primal thing!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12