Thread: Men's Health "Junk" Food thats good for you - starting to Primal it seems. page

Dirlot is offline Senior Member

Men's Health "Junk" Food thats good for you - starting to Primal it seems.

Shop Now
    Interesting how some main stream is starting to ease up on good fat and protein. i don't agree with the whole list but it is a shift - Men's Health Junk Food That's Good For You
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Bout time some have started to come around.

tfarny is offline Senior Member
    Men's Health had a whole big article on the fat / cholesterol / heart hypothesis blowing it out of the water.
    If you are new to the PB - please ignore ALL of this stuff, until you've read the book, or at least http://www.marksdailyapple.com/primal-blueprint-101/ and this (personal fave): http://www.archevore.com/get-started/

The problem is different magazines etc will hint about the benefits and bring them up once and a while but they wont take the full step and go against CW in a big way.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Primal articles are appearing in the two main men's health magazines in the UK every few months now (which is where, incidentally, I first came upon the whole primal concept). Dr Briffa is appearing more and more as a consultant. Even more encouragingly, the target sights seem to be settling on refined carbs now, which is where they should have been all along.

They're not quite ready to beg forgiveness from saturated fat for sullying it for the past few decades, but it's a step in the right direction.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    The problem is different magazines etc will hint about the benefits and bring them up once and a while but they wont take the full step and go against CW in a big way.
    The other problem is that you may sometimes get conflicting views in the same magazine. One article on the primal system advising you against eating wheat, for example, and then another article by another writer advising you to eat a serving or two of wholegrain pasta, along with some supposed benefit this mess is supposed to add (if you must eat pasta, make it the good white stuff). I understand that it's good to represent a couple of different opinions in a magazine, but it could be quite confusing for a reader.
    Meat is Prized, Wheat is Despised.

Real Food - The REAL staff of life

Quote Originally Posted by Rip @ MIPWID View Post
    The other problem is that you may sometimes get conflicting views in the same magazine. One article on the primal system advising you against eating wheat, for example, and then another article by another writer advising you to eat a serving or two of wholegrain pasta, along with some supposed benefit this mess is supposed to add (if you must eat pasta, make it the good white stuff). I understand that it's good to represent a couple of different opinions in a magazine, but it could be quite confusing for a reader.
    That is why I stopped buying the mag - that and they seemed to recycle their routines and diet ideas every 12 months. I will still browse the forums and take a browse in the library but too much conflicting advice for my taste.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

rockstareddy is offline Senior Member
    Mens health has been touting good stuff for a while, but loads of CW stuff at the same time. It goes through some caveman diet fads, and focuses on good carbs... but youre right, it can contradict itself several times in one edition. I read it because it the only thing out there I remotely interested in but I sit there and pick it apart. so called "expert" giving terrible info.

They have to keep finding ew content to make money. Thus the content often conflicts. Meh
    www.healthfreakrevolution.com

No more diets. No more stress. Health made easy. Living made incredible.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    What you have yo understand about magazines (and other media) is that the product is not the magazine or the articles. The product is YOU. They are selling your attention to the advertisers. You are a member of a demographic that is assumed to have a certain amount of money to spend and certain things you like to buy. The content of the magazine simply draws the attention of the demographic. Nothing in it needs to be true or helpful or anything. Just enough to lure you in to sell you to the advertisers.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2