Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with squat form page 2

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    Again, correct position for what? In crossfit, they are going to be doing barbell squats, and depending on front, high or low back, they will have a different back position. Back position only really matters when you have a barbell in your hands.
    I'm just talking about air squats (bodyweight squats?) for now, go to the crossfit site and look at the air squats exercise video. Until I can do them correctly I don't plan on doing anything with weights.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    How does this guys back angle look?

Rip on Squats

fishin-frog is offline Member
    This will sound silly at first, but may help you learn where you should end up at the bottom of your range of motion...try Mark's "Grok Squat" and just sit in the down position for a while (several seconds), rock back and forth a little, get the feel for what it's like in that stationary position, and then stand up. If you just concentrate on getting down into a comfortable position to "squat" in for a while, you may feel more confident when doing squat reps. I think you'll find your back moving into a nuetral position and you may also get a better feel for how wide your stance should be.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the video, it made more sense than the crossfit video did. I'll try the Grok Squat, I did read somewhere that it's a good idea to start out at the bottom or end of the movement and get comfortable in that position before you move on to the full movement. It's probably silly to worry about it when doing work outs at home, but I want to do it right.

Thanks everyone!

katscratch is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Thanks for this, Erin! I've been browsing around for the same information - I think it will be quite a while before I'm ready for weighted squats and I don't want months of bad habits screwing me up later!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12