Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found...... Raw Milk! page

cori93437 is offline Senior Member

Found...... Raw Milk!

Primal Fuel
    I've been searching for a nearby source of raw, grass fed, organic (but not certified cause that is $$$) milk and FINALLY have found it.

Local small farmer with Jersey, Guernsey, and Ayrshire cows. The Ayrshire will freshen soon, so the first few purchases at least should be good rich Jersey/Gurnsey.

Getting a gallon of milk and a couple of pints of cream on friday for making some really rich Greek yogurt. And I'm already doing a happy dance!

Because my "dogs" (as per FL law all raw milk sales are to be for pet or agricultural use only) are going to love this!

I may even give a test run with some milk to test for lactose intolerance reaction. Not really thinking it will go well as even cream usually causes issues if it's more than a splash.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

alg2435 is offline Senior Member
    Oh my, my family's getting some soon and I can't wait to try some cream in my coffee, ooooooooh and some homemade grassfed butter. *drool*. The only problem is, It'll probably irritate my psoriasis more....but worth a try!
    Making adventure out of this thing called life

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Congrats...Enjoy!

newberrycrater is offline Senior Member
    Commercially produced milk gives me all the lactose intolerance symptoms, but raw milk does not. I think "your dog" will be just fine with it.

elainevdw is offline Senior Member
    Lucky... it's downright illegal for ANY purpose here in Nevada. :/ Stupid government, get outta my kitchen!
    ~elaine. twitter, primal journal.

Quote Originally Posted by vontrapp View Post
    CoWorker: What? Cmon live a little.
    Me: No thanks, I'd rather live a lot.

Ingvildr is offline Senior Member
    Raw milk is legal in Washington state and is sold by the local food co-op. The animal have to be tested monthly for disease. I haven't heard of there being any problems. Granted years ago my dairy farmer friend would just bring in some milk from the barn(milking shed) for everyone to drink. Never had any problems then either.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevdw View Post
    Lucky... it's downright illegal for ANY purpose here in Nevada. :/ Stupid government, get outta my kitchen!
    How far into Nevada? Far from ID and CA?
    I have to travel 240 miles round trip to a place that sells pure RAW cream that's $ 5.99 for 2 cups! Well worth it though since we also get wild fish, grassfed buffalo, duck and elk and other goodies from there.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm excited. I haven't had fresh milk from a cow since I helped to milk my great uncle's two girls when I was growing up. Yes, I would drink it warm from a cup... right in the barn.

I'm welcome go to the farm and have a look at everything, including the ladies and the milk barn.
    It's a small farm, the owners only have a few good dairy cows... not a big operation at all... and this is the first time they've opened sales to new customers in quite a while.

It's pretty close , about 40 min. drive. But if I pick-up from her mothers house (who she visits each Friday) is only abut 10 min.
    Prices are not high either IMO.... whole milk is 10/gal and cream is $5/pint.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elainevdw View Post
    Same in Delaware and it's illegal to go to Pennsylvania buy it and bring it back across the state line. I have to be content with Pasteurized, non-homogenized grassfed milk.

kahiba is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It's illegal to sell raw milk for human consumption in Australia as well but someone we know hand milks their 2 cows. Grass fed, free ranging, no grains, no added hormones. We collect it the day it is produced and use it for yoghurt and making our own butter. We think we are very lucky.
    Original Goal: To lose weight. Achieved in March 2010
    Long Term Goals: To continue using Primal guidlines to improve fitness and health. To share the Primal message.

The key to successful aging is to pay as little attention to it as possible - Judith Regan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast