Thread: Coconut milk and eggs receipie page

Mike250 is offline Junior Member

Coconut milk and eggs receipie

Primal Fuel
    Hi everyone!

I was wondering if you guys have any recipe that involves eggs, coconut milk and perhaps sweet potatoes. I'm been trying to come up with some of my own but dunno what combination would work with those two (possibly three)

Classic is offline Senior Member
    Have you looked in the recipe section? There is an entire coconut cook book for free on this site. All you have to do is download it. Check around the forum threads or search on the type of ingredients you would like to cook with. You will find tons of information both on these forums and in Marks past blog posts.
    Have fun and good luck.
    Last edited by Classic; 01-28-2012 at 06:15 PM.

GoLisaGo is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a custard. I make something with (1 c) coconut milk, (1 c) pureed pumpkin, (4-5) eggs, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg, and stevia. Bake in water bath in little custard cups on low temp for longer time. I don't know why you couldn't sub the mashed sweet potatoes for the pumpkin? Something else I've done with sweet potatoes is grate them raw. In another bowl mix some eggs and cream together, then toss the grated taters with the egg mixture. In a skillet get some oil hot enough for a sizzle when you drop spoonfuls of the batter into it, wait til it's good n brown, then turn. Avoid the temptation to turn it too early. You can add spices or minced onion or peppers to it for different flavor combo's.
    There's a crack inside of everything, that's how the light gets in. ~Leonard Cohen
    Journal, From Sick to Fit: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread45653.html

Mike250 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I think pie would go well with this combination and also what Lisa suggested. I'll give the pie a shot and see how that goes. I think the receipe for a pie would be something like this:

6-7 ounces sweet potatoes
    1/2 cup coconut milk
    3 eggs
    some cinnamon and splenda

mix them all up in a mixer and then bake them in the oven
    Last edited by Mike250; 01-28-2012 at 07:19 PM.