Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I can ONLY eat grass-fed now.... page

sakura_girl is online now Senior Member

I can ONLY eat grass-fed now....

The other day I went to Whole Foods and their beef roasts were on sale for just over $3/lb, so I got one, even though it was apparently grain-finished. And boy, was that fat disgusting to eat; there was no flavor at all.

Same with the butter. I just finished off the last of my grass-fed Humboltd and Kerrygold butter sticks, so have been cleaning off the Costco pack of unsalted butter in my freezer. I just made ghee with it because I'm slightly paranoid about the casein, but it tastes HORRIBLE. It has no flavor...just fatty taste. ugh.

Anyone else have the same issue? Or am I just being weird and have to suck it up? lol

Tealia is offline Senior Member
    I was raised on margarine, so I recently got into butter. My first stick was a stick of organic (non-grass fed, can't find it!) butter. Not too shabby. Next stick was from costco. Only realised after purchasing it, that there were waaay too many ingredients in it for something as simple as butter. It was a lot paler than the organic butter, despite having 'colouring' as an ingredient, and it tasted completely bland.
    Just an hour ago, I was able to get another stick of organic butter! Yay!
    There aren't many problems in life that can't be solved by sleeping it off, or adding more butter.

patski is offline Senior Member
    Sakura, you just so crasay

HAHA! Actually, I can't eat conventionally raised beef anymore. Grass-fed beef is just so flavourful.

Being on the PB spoils yer tastebuds! lol

souldanzer is offline Senior Member
    I do. I can't even stand chicken or other poultry anymore and I used to love that. But now... bland bland bland. Give me a grass-fed red meat and I'm happy :-)

Roary is offline Senior Member
    I'm a total food snob. Luckily I'm otherwise charming.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by souldanzer View Post
    I do. I can't even stand chicken or other poultry anymore and I used to love that. But now... bland bland bland. Give me a grass-fed red meat and I'm happy :-)
    Chicken is only bland if you are a bad cook.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I do find that I would much rather eat a steak at home than to go out to most steakhouses (save for one very expensive one that serves grass-fed.)

Vanessa120 is offline Senior Member
    Nope not being weird at all......even high quality grass fed beef from different farmers taste different. We split a 1/4 grass fed cow with my sister and did not like it at all. Blah! We are still eating it, but also supplementing with some grass fed beef from other sources.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Oh my, the chicken I get from the same farmer that makes my grass-fed beef is even better than the beef.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I feel the same way now and we almost never go out. Why pay more for lesser quality? I just prefer my food here at home. I know I will feel good tomorrow instead of wondering what I might have eaten.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast