Thread: Feed babies spicy food, meat page

gojirama is offline Senior Member

Feed babies spicy food, meat

Primal Fuel
    Experts seek to debunk baby food myths - Health - Children's health - msnbc.com

The best part is where the pediatrician quoted says meat is an ideal first food and rice cereal is perhaps the worst thing you can feed a baby.
    I blog :http://raisinggodzillas.blogspot.com/
    Like me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...17134571662261
    "We have all the food groups- meat and chocolate".

HillsideGina is offline Senior Member
    Cool. It kills me to see people feeding their babies processed cereal-based crap - and of course I don't dare say anything. My mom says that I loved meat and raw vegetables as a baby, and I liked to munch on raw onion! Crying while eating spicy food is funny, I still do that - break out in a sweat on my face and sometimes start tearing up at really spicy food like some Indian food.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    My Thai-American grandson has been eating spicy Thai food from very early.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    that's totally how my baby ate.

we used to go to this one thai restaurant, and I'd order curry for DS. he was under a year old at this point. he loved spicy food. The lady who took the order was FREAKING OUT "it's spicy! very spicy! spicy!" and i'm like "yes, I know it is. he likes spicy food." But it's SPICY. yes, i know, thank you. butt out.

lol to say the least, we didn't go back there, and went to a different thai restaurant where they were like 'Oh yes, all thai babies eat thai food. most eat very spicy, much spicier than american's who eat thai!' so they were cool with him having the green curry with meat and veg and rice.

he still loves thai, indian, mexican, and many spicy cuisines today. and he has a broad and adventurous palate overall.

Shelli is offline Senior Member
    Yep. My babies ate what we ate from a very early age. Their dad is Greek so we ate a lot of Greek food and some of it can be spicy. I just put it in a food mill, mushed it up and they had at it and loved it.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    Humans, like all babies out there, can eat the same food that mom eats. It just needs to be mashed, chewed or cut up small enough depending on they're teeth!

Saoirse is online now Senior Member
    funny that my two younger kids liked spicy foods as babies. my 5 year now can't take the heat, and my 20 mo is starting to complain (he holds his tongue with a distressed look on his face), but when they were both babes, they ate it up happily. i wonder if babies simply haven't developed the taste buds to perceive spicy, and once they do it's a matter of social interpretation ("yes it's spicy, eat up!" vs. "oh dear, did i add too much pepper? i'm sorry let's get you something else.") he does ask for more sometimes, and i oblige him.
    Last edited by Saoirse; 01-30-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Jen AlcesAlces is offline Senior Member
    Thanks for the link... I'm starting to read up on this stuff, and the idea of feeding rice cereal as a first food seems ridiculous (as the article mentions, it's much like just giving sugar to your child - not much nutritional value there). I like the idea of meat, veg, fruit first... and spices too!