Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tempted to order a chinese with everyone else, help! page

SmokingKipper is offline Junior Member

Tempted to order a chinese with everyone else, help!

Hi all. I have been on the pb for a few days

now.

I am round at my brothers and everyone is ordering a chinese. How crazy would it be if I just went for it for this meal? I know about the 80/20 ru
    le, but I figured after only starting a few days ago, it works be pretty bad!

Help!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    I like the steamed shrimp and vegetables. It's especially good if you throw gobs of butter on it. Nix the rice.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    I'd dive right into it and get straight back on the wagon the next day.

Observe how you feel after this meal to see if you felt anything different, that you might not have noticed before. After a few days' clean eating, I noticed how much worse I felt after partaking of some bread one afternoon. Often this is enough to sway you away from temptations in the future.

Having said that, in most cuisines there are choices that are primal-friendly.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    I like the steamed shrimp and vegetables. It's especially good if you throw gobs of butter on it. Nix the rice.
    Yes... THIS!!! Nom! =D

I ate out at a Mexican place last night with husband and group of friends...
    Shrimp Fajitas Eat the shrimp, veg, guac, lettuce, pico! Several of my friends NOT liking Guac was a huge bonus...!!!
    Nix the beans rice and stupid tortillas that ad very little in the way of flavor anyway.
    I think some of the dummies that gave me guac ate my unwanted flour things. LOL

Walked out full and happy and didn't feel like crap all night because I ate the icky bits.

That said I've already done one of those... "well why not just go ahead and have it this time" meals where I went 100% back to eating all the grains and stuff. I really felt physically like CRAP after. So, that makes it really easy. I don't even want the stuff now.
    Last edited by cori93437; 01-28-2012 at 01:43 PM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    If you avoid the rice and noodles where is Chinese bad? Order an omlette and something with meat and vege like a chicken chow mein. I don't see that there is any problem with Chinese food if you're sensible about it.

onalark is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thanatos View Post
    If you avoid the rice and noodles where is Chinese bad? Order an omlette and something with meat and vege like a chicken chow mein. I don't see that there is any problem with Chinese food if you're sensible about it.
    Alas, out here lots o' Chinese food is breaded/battered and fried in industrial seed oils, or "velveted" in cornstarch, then coated in liquid sugar.

Avoid the battered shit. Do as Diana said and add your own fat to it. Be careful of the chili oils; lesser quality brands are made from soybean oil, and the rest are made with sesame oil.

elliottsmith is offline Senior Member
    I had sweet and sour chicken balls and special fried rice last night and Thorntons triple chocolate caramel short bread squares tonight, yum, yum!!

thanatos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by onalark View Post
    Alas, out here lots o' Chinese food is breaded/battered and fried in industrial seed oils, or "velveted" in cornstarch, then coated in liquid sugar.
    Ahh no wonder there is consternation about it...such a shame.

What about Vietnamese? Dont know about the U.S. but here in Oztralia it is the best asian cooking and is always a very 'clean' food.

Fernaldo is offline Senior Member
    There is nothing wrong with white rice!!!! Jesus. Here's the rule to follow... don't eat 20 cups of white rice. The issue will be the oil used to cook everything in and the added sugar. The rice is the least of your worries. Enjoy the meal with everyone. Don't eat like a pig and you'll be fine.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernaldo View Post
    There is nothing wrong with white rice!!!! Jesus. Here's the rule to follow... don't eat 20 cups of white rice. The issue will be the oil used to cook everything in and the added sugar. The rice is the least of your worries. Enjoy the meal with everyone. Don't eat like a pig and you'll be fine.
    As someone who loves basmati rice with her Indian food, I will agree with you. However the OP has been on the PB a few days. Now isn't the time to be eating rice, IMO. If they'd been Primal for a number of months... different story.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast