Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other kettle bell enthusiasts out there? page

MyDogTuff is offline Junior Member

Any other kettle bell enthusiasts out there?

I would love to get to know some others that are into kettle bells. After years of chronic cardio, I am now obsessed with these kettle bells. I do not have my own but attend classes about 4 times a week. Would love to compare workouts, get suggestions for weight progress, etc.

galensjp01 is offline Junior Member
    I've been into kettlebell's for a bit now! I'm a male who started with a 35 lb and am looking to buy a 53 soon. Start with the basic swing...if you're going to classes they'll definitely be watching your form because form is everything with kettlebells. I find KB's to be fantastic because they teach you to use your body as a unit with a relatively light weight (though the workout won't feel light). When i started I used kettlebells more as a strength tool with sets and rests but now am doing more of interval timing with swings, snatches, cleans, etc. so that it is more of a strength/endurance and conditioning tool! Enjoy it!!

Tom Dunphy is offline Member
    i am a HUGE kettlebell enthusiast. shameless plug here, but i work out at one of the nation's premiere kettlebell-intensive gyms. they have a really awesome online community where they post videos, daily workouts and other good stuff at Training Room Online - Online Kettlebell Training Studio. if you're looking for workouts, they only charge $11/month for access. they had to put up a pay wall because i think gyms were stealing their workouts. it's free for members.

would love to share workouts with you all.

here's a recent workout i did... double kettlebell clean/squat/press complex paired with pull-ups.

laddered up from 1 to 5 reps, then down from 5 to 1 reps while alternating between the two movements

so the reps broke down like this:
    1 clean/squat/press @ 2x24kg then 1 pull-up
    2 clean/squat/press @ 2x24kg then 2 pull-ups
    3 clean/squat/press @ 2x24kg then 3 pull-ups
    4 clean/squat/press @ 2x24kg then 4 pull-ups
    5 clean/squat/press @ 2x26kg then 5 pull-ups
    5 clean/squat/press @ 2x26kg then 5 pull-ups
    4 clean/squat/press @ 2x28kg then 4 pull-ups
    3 clean/squat/press @ 2x28kg then 3 pull-ups
    2 clean/squat/press @ 2x32kg then 2 pull-ups
    1 clean/squat/press @ 2x32kg then 1 pull-up

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Kettlebells are great. A group of us used to train in the park on a Sunday when I was in the UK. We would do KB, sandbag and body-weight work. Part of our warmup was the
    Kettle Bell 300 Meltdown
    25 V-ups
    50 snatches (25 each arm)
    25 pushups
    50 Swings
    50 Burpies
    50 Clean and Press
    50 Mountain Climbers

As soon as you got your time under 10 minutes it was time to up the weight. My best time with the 20kg KB was 9 min 20 sec and with the 24Kg KB is 9 min 46 sec.
    Work hard during this and it will probably be a few minutes before you stop seeing stars.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Roary is offline Senior Member
    Dang, Dirlot -- i totally want to do that workout right now.

Rip @ MIPWID is offline Senior Member
    By God, yes.

Can I suggest you check out Eric J Moss' channel on Youtube - search Rockbodyfitness.

MyDogTuff is offline Junior Member
    Thanks all for the replies and the links! I can't wait to see even more progress with my work with the kettlebells. I still haven't gotten the hang of some of the moves (snatches for instance) but I will get there.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    absolutely adore kettlebells, but I have troubles building them into my weekly routine so they don't interfere with the recovery from barbell. The 3x a week lifting plus 1 40 min KB session did not work After I do my cut I am starting this week, I will try 2x a week lifting schedule, than I can put back some dynamic kettlebells, perhaps with light KBs. I adore the huge motions and the sense of freedom and wild workout they give me.

My KB workout was in super-sets (3 sets, work my way up from 8 to 12 moves on each side, then up the weight) In between the sets I was just rotating the KB around my body while HR went down:

Figure 8 & KB 1hd swing.

front lung w forward path & side lunge with frontal rise

side bend with press up & one handed snatches

One legged deadlift & turkish get-up
    Last edited by Leida; 01-29-2012 at 10:53 AM.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

trapperjohnme is offline Senior Member
    love em' !

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    This thread is perfect!

I seriously just posted another thread about how I would not have easy access to a gym where I'm moving and with my time schedule, so I am trying to build my own workout area out of resistance bands, a pullup bar, rings, and a kettlebell set.

Not having access to olympic lifting stuff is going to suck, but I feel like with proper programming I can maintain some pretty good fitness with good kettlebell routines!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast