Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Orgreenic cookware page

stable31 is offline Member

Orgreenic cookware

Anyone out there tried any of the Orgreenic cookware? Claims to be non toxic and non stick. I really miss non stick cookware, although my cast iron is pretty well seasoned by now.

rayout is offline Senior Member
    Chemistry of Cast Iron Seasoning: A Science-Based How-To

Properly season your cast iron pan and it should be just as good if not better.

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Le Creuset would likely be a better option. All-Clad stainless steel is fine for me with plenty of fat and lowish heat.

Rivvin is offline Senior Member
    I have two amazingly seasoned cast iron pans, but I actually bought one of the orgreenic pans and I freaking love it. Nothing sticks to it. NOTHING.

It's worth getting at least one, since they are only 20 bucks. I love my cast iron for meats and whatnot, but honestly being able to fry and egg and flip it like it's floating on air is freaking amazing.

ljbprrfmof is offline Senior Member
    The SunKissed Southern Shore of Lake Erie in PA.
    I was extremly taken with the new technology offer by the O-greenic and Kashi-blue frying pans. I loathe buying from those late night infomercials. My wife and I had a beautiful set of Pampered Chef pans we bought about 15 years ago that were past wearing out. We had a gift card for Target so off we went. She wanted to use it on a set of Caphalons, but bought a set of pans similar to the O-greenic style. They are black with a gray interior and called Green+Life. They are fantastic, nothing sticks to them. If I pour some olive oil in them to cook with, it doesn't pool up and then spread. It beads up like water on a freshly waxed car.

I wanted to go with a product that had a local representation if I had a problem, even if it is a big box store. Before marriage, I was a big advocate of cast iron, but my wife didn't like hefting them to the stove and back.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    Le Creuset and Staub.
    These are enamelled cast iron and Made in France without toxins that leach into food. Enamel made in China and Mexico has Lead in it.
    Buy from these 2 brands and you won't be disappointed. The hamburgers and steaks I've cooked in my Staub pan had a totally different smell and taste, compared to a Teflon pan you can buy at any supermarket.

And, cooking with these 2 brands will build muscle because they're HEAVY ! You can even take them camping and put over open fires...also safe to bake in oven with.

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Why do you need nonstick if you're primal?

Get the good stuff if you can afford it: Le Crueset and All-Clad Stainless. Cuisinart's posts and pans are a good second place. Buying cheap will cost money in the long run.
    5'0" female, 43 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: skinny-fat 106.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

mikebike is offline Senior Member
    Why wouldn't you want to have non-stick if you're primal?

I have Le Crueset and Orgreenic pans. They both have their place.

Snauzoo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    Le Creuset would likely be a better option. All-Clad stainless steel is fine for me with plenty of fat and lowish heat.
    +100000. I use nothing else, ever since Mark did blog post on cookware. I am always on the hunt for both those at TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshall's etc. and you can get factory seconds for great prices.

I think there is an entire generation who was raised in the fat phobic era and used nothing but Teflon and Pam spray. Ever peek into a real restaraunt kitchen? The stainless ain't shiny, and there is no Teflon anywhere. Clarified butter will not smoke near as bad as coconut oil and you can get an omelette to not stick with very little practice.

Just now got email announcing this sale. I signed up for email on deals. You just have to like cobalt lol.
    I bought all mine in rainbow order. When I want a soup pan I know it's yellow, for chili it's flame, and for a grilled steak .. Well you get it. Here is the link:
    http://cookware.lecreuset.com/cookwa...mpaign=heroimg

Oh, Oxide. Cuisinart enamel cast iron is domestic made but their stainless is made in China.

As is ogreenic sadly. I do not trust anything from China that comes in contact with me, my food or my dog.
    Last edited by Snauzoo; 01-28-2012 at 03:56 PM.

gcbcb is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    The one thing I always like nonstick for was cooking eggs. Even the best seasoned cast iron skillet is not as good, and cast iron has very poor heat conduction, which is particularly problematic when cooking omelettes or fried eggs. Le Creuset is okay, too, but nothing would give me the same results as a good non-stick. Then I found out about carbon steel pans. They are cheap, they aren't too pretty, but when seasoned like cast iron they are incredible. Eggs simply won't stick to them, and they distribute heat quite well. They're available on amazon, and I assume at various stores. Just make sure you're not getting a cheap aluminum restaurant pan, which looks very similar but weighs about a third as much and will grab anything you put in it and refuse to let go until you take a cold chisel to it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast