Thread: Do you rotate your reps when working through the basic five movements? page

Infraredhead is offline Junior Member

Do you rotate your reps when working through the basic five movements?

Hello,
    I am new here. Just finished reading the Primal Blueprint and excited about the changes ahead. I was working through the basic five strength movements this morning and wanted to know if you rotate the movements or do you complete all of your reps at one time? I am asking because I am supposed to complete 50 pushups and this is quite difficult for me to do all at once so I moved on to squats then went back to pushups. I know it is a noob question! Thank you in advance.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    do as many reps of an exercise as you can (just before hitting failure), then move on to the next exercise. then, once you've completed all five exercises, do a second round. you will likely have lower numbers on the second round. that's ok...you're still building strength and endurance.
    keep doing that until you can hit the numbers that have you moving on to the next level. so, once you can do 50 pushups with minimal rests (that may take a while to reach) then move on to whatever is next...either wide/narrow or inline.
    did you do the fitness assessment at the beginning? that will tell you what level you should start on.

Dirlot is online now Senior Member
    Nothing wrong with moving between exercises, saves time as well because your upper body is resting while your lower body is working.
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

Infraredhead is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for the information! No, I have not completed the fitness assessment but I think I am going to put that on my "to do" weekend list. Appreciate the help.

SeanM is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It also helps to keep a log. I use Simplenote on my iPad, and I log the number of reps each set, total time, and any notes (how I'm feeling, etc.). I've been doing it for 3 months, and I look back at the log entry of my first workout and I can't believe how far I've come. It can help motivate me when I just don't feel like it.