Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else ever try rock crystal deodorant? page

Sanctus Real is offline Senior Member

Anyone else ever try rock crystal deodorant?

Primal Fuel
    For me, part of this whole primal experience is keeping an open mind about trying things that I wouldn't have considered trying just a few years ago. Just because something seems weird doesn't mean it isn't good, so I figure that once I assure myself I won't be harmed, might as well give it a go.

I'm into making stuff I used to buy, so I was combing the net for a good deodorant recipe. I found a great one using coconut oil, but my armpits started having a reaction, probably from the baking soda that was in it. At first, I didn't mind a little redness, but it started hurting. I don't like pain, especially in such a sensitive area. I found this: Deodorant | Tammy's Recipes

It's basically a rock crystal that you wet and rub on your pit, and it eliminates odor. I decided to give it a try, found one on eBay (is there anything you can't find on eBay?), and I've been very pleased with it. It doesn't keep me dry, but it works about as well as your standard deodorant, minus the pleasant smell (it is, after all, a rock). I don't really smell like anything. It's supposed to kill the bacteria that makes your sweat smell or something like that, and it's rumored to last forever. I paid $5 for mine, which includes the shipping cost, and it doesn't seem to have shrunk since I started using it.

Any other experiences with this kind of thing? I think it's danged cool, and much easier on me to wet down a rock than to mix up my own deodorant each month.
    Motherhood: When changing from pj pants to yoga pants qualifies as 'getting dressed'.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    I've used one for the last 7 months. I love it and don't smell at all!

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    I bought one when I was doing the HCG with injections long ago before I got smart..LOL They last forever and work fairly well. Keep it dry after use.

Hey, just remember if you can not find it on ebay, its on Amazon LOL
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    i went deodorant free about a year and a half ago, and i keep one of these on hand for any time i find myself getting a little funky. they work great. i do miss the deodorant/antiperspirant sticks that could keep my dry from time to time, but i prefer going with nothing and using the crystal as needed.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Also, if you prefer a spray you can break it up into small pieces, put it in a small spray bottle and add water. As long as there's crystal in there you can just keep adding water. I find it works better for me than rubbing the crystal directly on my skin.

athomeontherange is online now Senior Member
    you can buy the spray too

The directions on mine say, moisten with water, use then dry off crystal
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    I have used this for years, have reactions to everything else. I use lavender water on mine, from my spray bottle of water with a few drops of lavender oil in it - lavender oil being good for itches an rashes - and it seems to work better and last longer. I know that sounds goofy, but seems true for me. I spray my armpit with the lavender water, rub with crystal, and rinse crystal with plain water and dry after use. They do seem to last forever (unless you drop 'em on the tile floor - Ooops!)
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    works great.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Analog6 View Post
    I have used this for years, have reactions to everything else. I use lavender water on mine, from my spray bottle of water with a few drops of lavender oil in it - lavender oil being good for itches an rashes - and it seems to work better and last longer. I know that sounds goofy, but seems true for me. I spray my armpit with the lavender water, rub with crystal, and rinse crystal with plain water and dry after use. They do seem to last forever (unless you drop 'em on the tile floor - Ooops!)
    Ohhh... now with a bit of essential oil scent I might just like this!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Rather than the crystal, I make a solution of baking soda and water and add a little essential oil for fragrance and use an old roll-on bottle to apply it.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast