Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weight Loss slowing down? page

Fatgirlslim is offline Junior Member

Weight Loss slowing down?

Shop Now
    I have been Primal for 3 weeks now. Week 1 I lost 2.1 kilos. Week 2 I lost 1.9 kilos. This week it seems that I will only be looking at the same weight as last week - and that's if I haven't put on weight!

Is this normal? I didn't actually think I would lose so much in the first 2 weeks. I have been eating all the same foods the whole time and haven't even really been into the 20% rule.

I sit on my ass all day at work and the most exercise I get is going to the bathroom and back. I haven't been hitting up the gym but definitely plan on getting back into it in the coming week.

Just wanted to know how much weight others are losing each week.

Thanks in advance.

Alaska Ang is offline Senior Member
    Yes, it's normal. I don't think most women can sustain a loss of 2lbs a week. I totally get the sitting at the desk all day, but you can do little things that will help even if you don't get to the gym. If the building you are in has multiple floors, go upstairs to use the restroom; park farther from the building, throw in a few jumping jacks here and there.

Sue
    Sue is offline Senior Member
    It was kilos - 2 kilos = 4.4 pounds. A very good loss is about 1kg per week or 2.2 pounds. Start exercising.

tradawg is offline Senior Member
    You dropped a lot of water weight the first couple of weeks, and now your body is catching up. So average it up-in three weeks you lost around 8 pounds-that's a little over 2.5 pounds per week. Start moving around more-go for a walk before/after work and lift heavy things...it'll happen. One to two pounds per week is pretty average and is healthy, sustainable weight loss.
    $5 off iherb.com: QOC241

"Don't let the perfect be the enemy of the good." - Voltaire

For nutrition/wellness tips:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/One...34671179916624

www.onelifeonebodynutritionaltherapy.com

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    That's normal. In the beginning you lose a lot of weight because the inflammation is going down and you're losing a lot of water along with the fat. Then it slows down to a more maintainable pace.

Eventually, you might also hit a plateau where you don't lose any weight, but that's not a big deal either. Don't stress and it will start up again. Sometimes your body just has different priorities, like healing itself.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    It can be a lot of things...pms, you ate a bit too much salt, loss is slowing, next week you might lose 5 lbs. Don't worry about it unless you start gaining week after week or go weeks with no loss with no other changes- like looser clothes.

Weightloss is never an even line....

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't even weigh more than once a month at the most- weight itself is meaningless. Weight can be fat, muscle, organ, water etc. Mirrors, measurements and clothes are much better gauge.

Fatgirlslim is offline Junior Member
    Thank you for all the replies I really appreciate it. I will stop worrying and start moving!

create a standing workspace. it does wonders for your attitude, productivity, and body comp.

lanz is offline Junior Member
    This is all such supportive advice! I too have been wondering if I will keep losing weight. I started in October and have kept off about 8 lbs since then but no more is coming off. (when the holidays hit and the college kids returned home I started eating some things that I had cut out like rice and corn.)
    It is hard to get out and be active for me when it is cold and I am not a gym person. I do swim once a week and do yoga every day but if I want to see more results I know I need to increase activity! These posts are so helpful to read. Now I am feeling inspired again!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast