Thread: Primal Pizza Casserole page

ladyerwyn is offline Junior Member

Red face Primal Pizza Casserole

I just made a concoction that I thought up today at work. Primal Pizza Casserole! I really wanted the taste of real pizza, but without the grain and without making a blechy paleo crust. So I decided I'd use lots of the vegetables and meats I normally eat on pizza and put them in a bowl with pizza sauce and the cheese. It came out a little liquidy, but that can be avoided by using fresh zucchini and squash instead of frozen, and/or by thawing the frozen stuff first. I used the best ingredients I had but depending on your preferences and access to grassfed and pastured meat you might count some of the meat and/or cheese as part of your 20%. Also I didn't really measure anything. I'll try to add approximates.

Primal Pizza Casserole

1 Zucchini (diced or sliced)
    1 Summer Squash (diced or sliced)
    1 Onions (small) or 1/2 Medium or Large (diced)
    1 Green Pepper (diced)
    Mushrooms (I didn't have any fresh so I used 1 small can)
    Pepperoni (a bunch cut in half)
    1/2 lb Sausage (cooked and crumbled)
    Coconut Oil (add some to the sausage when you cook it.
    8oz shredded mozzerella
    (Extra cheese of your choice for a blend)

Sauce
    1 15oz can Organic Tomato Sauce (I added so much stuff I needed another small can)
    1 tsp dried oregano
    1/2 tsp dried basil
    1/2 tsp salt
    1/2 tsp ground black pepper
    1/4 tsp garlic powder
    1/4 tsp onion powder

Preheat oven to 350. Cook the sausage, dice the vegetables, shred the cheese and mix all together in a big bowl. Add the spices and the tomato sauce. Then pour into an oven safe dish large enough to hold it all. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes.

This should make enough for dinner and leftovers for lunch unless you make a lot more or don't eat large meals. Feel free to mix it up and add different ingredients or omit them. We all like different types of pizza. Go for hawaiian with bacon and pineapple.

1949katie is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made this same thing but added 2-3 cups of beef broth and call it pizza soup. Delish.