Thread: Varicose Veins - Increased Itching Legs PB coincidence? page

5atfink Guest

Since about the age of 16 (29 now) I've had a few veins appear lumpy under the skin on my inner legs around the calfs. It's no surprise I have these being a hereditary condition, both my parents have/had varicose veins - my dad had his removed some years ago.

Over the last couple of years, I've noticed that my legs have in increasingly itched (caused by the blood flowing backwards deep inside the leg) more & more often. I found that exercise/strength training helped to reduce this I assume by improving circulation. But over the last month or two the itching has increased ever more so. This has kind of coincided with me going progressively more primal.

Could they be linked? Or is it just coincidence? Has anyone else suffered the same ailment?

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

The only thing I could think of would have to do with blood circulation...

Low carb means increased catecholamine (adrenaline/noradrenaline) production, meaning more blood flow to the receptors. That's just an idea...

But you say increased bloodflow reduces the itching, so Im not sure... maybe get it checked out? If it's bothering you

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Could just be the dry weather...

5atfink Guest

@arthurb999 It's far from dry over hear in very much *not* sunny London. Maybe the cold is not help though? Temperature has varied between -2c & 8c over the last month.

@A.S. Perhaps it's just getting increasingly worse with age.

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Well cold air is generally dry and heating systems dry out the already dry air...

Nicki25 Guest

I say, coincidence.

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I highly doubt it's weather patterns... you said over the past few years and that it is just acting up MORE in the past couple months of primal...

Maybe check your allergenic foods... any new foods to the diet? On top of that what were you eating before primal?? Did it tend to be more towards the Standard American Diet....

The blood flow patterns is my best guess, but Im no doctor, so the choice is in your hands.

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com