Thread: Anyone else over 60? page

Moushka26 is offline Junior Member

Question Anyone else over 60?

Primal Fuel
    I gave up grains, legumes and sugar just over two weeks ago and am feeling fabulous eating meat, fish and seafood, tons of vegetables, fruit and a little dairy. Haven't quite been able to kick my caffeine-free diet coke once a day, but it's the only non-Primal thing I'm eating. I'm not exercising yet; that is my goal for this year. I want to lose weight and gain some muscle.

At my advanced age is it possible to actually change my body? Mark looks terrific at 58 but he's been doing this a long while. I haven't exercised in decades, although I was a serious ballet dancer until my early twenties. I know there are muscles underneath all the fat! I'm sure walking is the best place to start but I haven't a clue about weight training. I'm not a gym person and can't afford a personal trainer. If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be very grateful.

Seeing the great progress everyone is making is very motivating. I'd like to be a success story, too

dado Guest
    my parents are over sixty and they're as good as dead. so i give you a high five for doing good things.

there is nothing more pathetic than a 50 or 60 year old that acts as if they were dead.

yea it's possible to change your body.

on stronglifts there is a guy that started squatting/deadlifting at 62 and now he's up to something like 300 or 400 pounds.

it's never too late.

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Oh heck yes. I'm 69 and doing fine after 1.5 years of this.
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am 58 (59 in May) & feeling fabulous on this Way of Life. I swim for exercise & find it marvellous. Is this an option for you? do you have a pool nearby?
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook