Thread: kiwi cavegirl page

Dragonfly32 is offline Member

kiwi cavegirl

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hi All, just thought i should intro myself properly, im a 33 YO mum of 2 boys, ive struggled since i was 11 with asthma, allergies, migraines, eczema, depression (and the list goes on) been on various meds for year but never gave a thought as to what I put in my mouth, I was a complete sugar addict.
    It wasnít until I worked with a coeliac when I was about 24 that I started to think that maybe food was the cause of my problems, by then I was consuming more sugar and carbs than anything im sure!
    So I went gluten free which helped a bit so I started looking at other diets and tried alot of different ones, none of which helped do anything except make me more tired, fat ,grumpy and tired (I used to have a sleep at lunchtime at work otherwise id be useless for the arvo)
    I was at the gym 3 nights a week and running as well. And while I did lose weight I could never keep it off for long. I was also extremely sensitive to chemicals (fun when youíre a vet nurse!!)
    Fast forward through years of on and off dieting, swallowing various meds flat out to control everything and over stressing my body with too much exercise (sound familiar? Lol)
    I found Weston price while I was 5 months preggie with my second baby and it was the first diet where I found a energy change but I still never really lost weight, of course I was back to consuming gluten and sugars (prepared grains and whole sugar with the nutrients still in it) and also A LOT of dairy products, prob being at home with the kids didnít help the picking either.

It wasnít till I got treatment for my post natal depression flare up that I finally shook myself and realised I wasnít living I was surviving and I was freakin miserable.
    Than I met a friend online who is primal and recommended PB. I will be forever grateful to her for sharing it.
    Ive not only lost weight (8kg so far) and have more energy, but im now weaning off my ADís and asthma meds, I only get headaches if I cheat. My eczema has cleared up and im starting to show signs of that boundless energy everyone talks about J
    I havenít been doing much in the way of exercising but im slowly building up as I feel better and better, and im making myself sleep and go outside!!
    So im grateful to be through that part of my life and starting the next more healthy stronger part of it and to be here with all of you and all your wisdom as well. You never stop learning!

Hedonist is offline Senior Member
    Welcome! Glad you are doing well!
    Ancestral Health Info

I design websites and blogs for a living. If you would like a blog or website designed by someone who understands Primal, see my web page.

Primal Blueprint Explorer My blog for people who are not into the Grok thing. Since starting the blog, I have moved close to being Archevore instead of Primal. But Mark's Daily Apple is still the best source of information about living an ancestral lifestyle.

jo
    jo is offline Senior Member
    Hi Dragonfly - I'm a kiwi too! Welcome

Tarosuma is offline Member
    Hi there
    I don't post a lot, I am a terrible lurker but I felt the need to say hi though as we have so much in common!
    I live in NZ, am (well was pre-children) a veterinary nurse and started off with Weston Price style eating before moving more towards primal. (I still feed my kids a cross between WP and primal)
    I had 15 years of very poor health and started investigating dietary links among other things.
    You sound absolutely rapt having found primal and it sounds like you and your body are loving it! It certainly works well for me too though I do admit to finding it hard not to eat the kids healthy but not always exactly primal foods.
    Wishing you fantastic health and happiness!

Dragonfly32 is offline Member
    hey everyone
    tarosuma - yes im def rapt to find PB, finally something hat works without compromising my health!