Thread: My body officially hates milk page

@lex is offline Senior Member

My body officially hates milk

Primal Fuel
    Ok,so I got a bit of a sugar craving so I decided to use some frozen berries I had in the fridge.The thought of blending berries and water together didn't sound good,and I don't have any coconut milk,so I figured a bit of 2% milk couldn't hurt me that much.I finished the smoothie about 5 minutes ago and my stomach is already hurting and bloating out,and it certainly isn't the berries causing this.I'm amazed at how fast the changes have set in since I switched diets;things that looked delicious a few days ago now make me literally sick to my stomach.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    Keep in mind that your gut may need time to recover from the changes and from any damage caused by your former way of eating. You may be able to tolerate dairy in the future, but it sounds like you should definitely avoid it for now!

If possible, check out sources for raw dairy in your area Where Can I Find Real Milk Products? (assuming you're in the US), as oftentimes people do not have a reaction to it.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

The sad thing is there's a small organic farm right up the road from me ran by some family members,but I never drink enough milk to bother getting some from them and my girl thinks raw milk is "gross",so she buys 2%.Once everything straightens out I'm gonna see if I can start regularly getting some raw dairy and what not from them,maybe even see if I can use their farm to raise a couple animals.

Dragonfly32 is offline Member
    by 2% milk i assume you mean the fat free processed undigestable stuff with the synthetic nutrients added back in? +1 on the avoid dairy for now but check out raw milk later idea
    raw milk is WAY more yum anyway lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonfly32 View Post
    by 2% milk i assume you mean the fat free processed undigestable stuff with the synthetic nutrients added back in? +1 on the avoid dairy for now but check out raw milk later idea
    raw milk is WAY more yum anyway lol
    Yeah,milk flavored water with synthetic nonsense added in.I've never drank much milk in any form,but I didn't realize how bad even one glass can be in some situations.I've been belching horribly since I finished the drink and I feel like garbage now.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    GAPS diet to heal your gut + raw milk afterward seems to be an okay combination for many. There's a vast difference between store-bought 2% and raw, fresh milk.

Raw milk still has an enzyme in it to help break down lactose right? My knowledge of milk is limited at best,since it's never been a staple part of my diet.

On another note,I'm looking into coconut milk,anyone have suggestions for brands or suppliers they like?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    It also could be a combination of non-fermented dairy and berries. I've been told since childhood not to mix milk and fruit or vegetables to avoid bloating. You can try kefir or yogurt.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.