Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Least amount of exercise I can get away with? page

PookDo is offline Senior Member

Least amount of exercise I can get away with?

Primal Fuel
    I know this may sound like a silly question but I hate working out. I really do and I am wondering what is the least amount of exercise I can do and still get fit and stay lean?

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    sprinting. twice a week.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by primalrob View Post
    sprinting. twice a week.
    i should add...this probably won't do much to get you fit, but i'm guessing it will help keep you fit once you're there.

otzi Guest
    I refuse to go into a gym. You can do just fine with situps, pushups, squats, planks, and pullups. As a minimum, do 100 pushups a day. That gives a good upper body and core workout.

stevew is offline Member
    Go for quality instead of quantity then. I see too many around in the gym just chatting and not actually training and some just walking at a slow pace on the treadmill for ages.

Do a couple of intense full body workouts once or twice a week. You can still get a decent workout in 20 mins. The rest of the time, take the stairs instead of the lift/escalator, walk to places instead of using your car for short journeys, take up a hobby that doesn't involve sitting down. Oh and if you can, get a dog! A proper dog...not one of those little yapping things!

Chaloney is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I refuse to go into a gym. You can do just fine with situps, pushups, squats, planks, and pullups. As a minimum, do 100 pushups a day. That gives a good upper body and core workout.
    If you really want the minimum your could skip the situps and planks. Pushups and squats, especially weighted squats, do plenty for your core

Leida is offline Senior Member
    It depends on where you are. Go for a walk daily if you are a beginner and overweight. That's more than enough to start.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

MamaGrok is offline Senior Member
    I've lost nearly 50lb without exercising at all (I have chronic fatigue). I plan to some day, and when I do, it'll be everyday stuff like doing my own housework again, playing with the kids, and eventually, SimpleFit . Look up simplefit! Very little time investment! Or maybe Body By Science (is that the right name?)
    5'4" 36yo mother to five sweeties & married to their AMAZING DaddyGrok
    Starting: 185 lbs (March '10)
    Current: 132.5 lbs
    Goal: 135 lbs (Hit Jan '13)
    Beating bingeing since 10/31/11 on my Leptin Reset journey

federkeil is offline Senior Member
    Simple Fit : bodyweight exercises, bodyweight workout

All you need is a doorway pullup bar and 20min 3 days a week.
    I didn't like the rules you gave me, so I made some of my own.

Strong people are harder to kill than weak people, and more useful in general. - Mark Rippetoe

Isabell is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MamaGrok View Post
    I've lost nearly 50lb without exercising at all (I have chronic fatigue). I plan to some day, and when I do, it'll be everyday stuff like doing my own housework again, playing with the kids, and eventually, SimpleFit . Look up simplefit! Very little time investment! Or maybe Body By Science (is that the right name?)
    MamaG, I agree "Body By Science" is based 100% on science and is a new book that outlines 12 minute per week workouts to be perfectly fit. It's like the ultimate body "hack". I just got the book I'm plowing through it. It's on amazon of course and available for Kindle too Amazon.com: Body by Science: A Research Based Program to Get the Results You Want in 12 Minutes a Week (9780071597173): John Little, Doug McGuff: Books

I'm not a fan of structuring life around the gym and once I am well enough to do exercise I plan to use this system!
    And of course, with the birth of the artist came the inevitable afterbirth - the critic - Mel Brooks

My Journal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast