Thread: First post, Going Primal! page

GoingPrimalUK is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up First post, Going Primal!

Primal Fuel
    Just a quick hello from me, this looks like a pretty cool place to hang out.

I'm right at the beginning of my journey with regards to primal eating so I've started a blog to track the progress if anyone is interested @ GoingPrimal.co.uk

Twitter ID is @GoingPrimalUK

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Read your blog - why are you eating shakes instead of food? And the "detox" of veggie cycling? That doesn't seem healthy, it seems more like a crash diet.

GoingPrimalUK is offline Junior Member
    I should have been clearer I suppose. I'd already committed to doing this 30 day detox before I decided to follow primal/paleo way of thinking.
    After the 7 day shake/veg detox, it's like an elimination diet for 30 days, and with a few tweaks it's all primal/paleo type foods.

olebaldie is offline Junior Member
    Welcome..but I have to ask..when's the Metagenics UltraMeal Plus 360 detox?

have you seen whats in it?

Other Ingredients: Soy protein isolate�� (soy)
    , fructose, soy fiber (soy), plant sterols (soy), inulin, dicalcium phosphate, natural flavors, olive oil, magnesium citrate, silica, potassium chloride, proprietary blend▲ of RIAA and acacia [magnesium salts of reduced iso-alpha acids (from hops extract, Humulus lupulus L.), hydrogenated soybean oil encapsulate, and acacia extract],
    , lecithin (soy), sodium chloride, xanthan gum, guar gum, ascorbic acid, zinc gluconate, pyridoxine HCl
    , d-alpha tocopheryl acetate, niacinamide, copper gluconate, D-calcium pantothenate, thiamin HCl, riboflavin, chromium polynicotinate, retinyl palmitate, folic acid, L-5-methyltetrahydrofolate, biotin, potassium iodide, cyanocobalamin, cholecalciferol
    The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Hi. I've read your blog and see you've had limited success with using conventional diet and exercise, so it'll be interesting to see how well primal works for you. I am also a UK based gym goer in a very sedentary job in IT. Good luck!
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Dhansakdave is offline Senior Member
    Hi from another UK'er, I don't post that much, but I do a lot of reading on this here forum, and it's most informative, so stay on board, and good luck on your journey!

Cheers

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Ah, I see. Good luck with switching to paleo/primal.