Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a good primal/paleo meatball recipe? page

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member

Anyone have a good primal/paleo meatball recipe?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm looking to try a new meat dish and I thought meatballs would be something easy and tasty. I'll buy some grass-fed ground beef or ground lamb for this. Looking for a recipe that is easy. Any suggestions?
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    This is what I do when I make meatballs:
    1 lb Italian sausage/ Italian seasoned ground beast
    1 head garlic, minced
    1 lb mozzarella grated or torn/ cut into 1/2" chunks

Mix the garlic well into the sausage of seasoned beast. Grab a 1" diameter hunk of beast, and poke a hole in it with your finger to the middle of the ball. Stuff one of your chunks of mozzarella or 2 tbsp grated mozz into the hole and seal her up, making sure there aren't any holes for the cheese to escape through. Saute' until meat is done.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Could be made into either burgers or meatballs:

3 lbs of different meats (I normally use 1 lb of beef, turkey and lamb, but I also tried venison and elk!)

1 egg
    1/2 medium onion
    2 cloves of garlic
    1/2 small sweet potato (about 3 oz, boiled)

Spices: black pepper, fennel seed & coriander (not ground) ~ 1-2 tsp each, a bunch of parsley (~ 2-4 tbsp), 1/4 tsp nutmeg (ground) and 3 to 4 dry mushrooms

Leave meat to come to room temperature

Set the broiler to preheat with a closed door

Grind the spices and mushrooms in a coffee-mill (or at least that's what I use) into powder

Zoomp the egg, garlic, onion and potato in a blender (I use magic bullet).

Make a well in the meat, pour the wet ingredients from the blender than add the dry ones. Mix everything thoroughly by hand

Oil or grease broiler pan. form burgers and meatballs and broil one one side, then pull the pan out, close the door to the oven, flip the balls or burgers. Put back in, rotating the pan.

small meatballs (5 min on one side, 3 min on the other)
    burgers (I use 1/3 cup scoop for sizing) (7 min on one side, 5 min on the other)

Serve in a nice deep dish and let everyone have their share!

Hope that helps!
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

otzi Guest
    Make a big ball of meat and throw it in a pan. Eat it with your hands, too. Extra points of the middle is still raw.

CTRunner21 is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Turkey Vegetable Meatballs

1 lb ground turkey or chicken
    2 medium carrots (or a handful of baby carrots)
    1 red or green bell pepper
    5 large mushrooms
    handful of fresh parsley
    1/2 yellow onion
    1 clove garlic
    2 tsp granulated garlic (garlic salt)
    2 Tbs Italian seasoning
    1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper

1.Preheat oven to 350℉.
    2.Combine carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic and seasonings in a food processor and blend until well chopped.
    3.Empty the food processor into a large bowl, add the ground turkey and mix together completely.
    4.Form meatballs and place on a non-greased baking sheet (about 1 1/2" - 2" each). Bake for about 25 minutes, or until completely cooked.

Got this recipe from thepaleoplan.com and tried it last night. Made the meatballs with broccoli on the side. Was very good.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by naiadknight View Post
    This is what I do when I make meatballs:
    1 lb Italian sausage/ Italian seasoned ground beast
    1 head garlic, minced
    1 lb mozzarella grated or torn/ cut into 1/2" chunks

Mix the garlic well into the sausage of seasoned beast. Grab a 1" diameter hunk of beast, and poke a hole in it with your finger to the middle of the ball. Stuff one of your chunks of mozzarella or 2 tbsp grated mozz into the hole and seal her up, making sure there aren't any holes for the cheese to escape through. Saute' until meat is done.
    This.... but sort of scotch egg style by taking one of those 1-2in lil balls of mozzarella, poking a garlic stuffed (or any other) olive inside it, then surrounding the whole thing with the meat wad. Salty, garlicky, creamy, fatty, gooey, meaty... NOM.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

tcb
    tcb is offline Senior Member
    This is my go to meatball recipe from Every Day Paleo..

Marvelous Meatballs! | Everyday Paleo

trob1234 is offline Member
    3lbs of meat of your choice ( I use 2 lbs grass fed beef and 1 lb ground bison)
    3 eggs
    1 onion diced
    3 celery stalks diced
    2 zucchini diced
    garlic powder
    pepper

I mix all this together, roll into meatballs and put on baking sheets in the freezer for 24 hours to freeze then put them in freezer bags till ready to use. I like to take some out of freezer and put in crock pot frozen with some sauce on low. They are the best ever.

oliviascotland is online now Senior Member
    One I make quite regularly are lamb and coriander meatballs. Put 1lb minced lamb (I use a lamb and mutton mix for a stronger flavour) into a food processor with one peeled and quartered onion, 2 - 3 cloves of garlic, some salt and pepper and a bunch of coriander/cilantro. Whizz until blended, shape in your hands to the desired size, and fry in the fat of your choice. I like to fry these with some mushrooms and serve with a tomato and chilli sauce.

Mr. Koozie is offline Senior Member
    All great suggestions. Thanks! Looks like I've got some cooking to do.
    “You may have thought you heard me say I wanted a lot of bacon and eggs, but what I said was: Give me all the bacon and eggs you have.” - Ron Swanson

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast