Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moving from coffee 2 sugars semi skimmed milk...looking for advice. page

SmokingKipper is offline Junior Member

Moving from coffee 2 sugars semi skimmed milk...looking for advice.

Shop Now
    hi chaps,

I started the PB yesturday (go me! ;p) and I was a very big coffee drinker. Probably drank around 5-6 cups a day, each with 2 sugars and semi skimmed milk. I can imagine this is not doing me much good!

So this morning I decided to cut out the milk and sugar...but found it a little harsh. I have decided to just cut out the sugar and go with some whole milk. I warmed the milk up and made it half and half with the coffee.

Is this a reasonable alternative until I can get used to the no sugar and gradually fade out the milk?

Or should I just man the hell up and carry on with no milk no sugar?

Also I have ordered a Aerobie AeroPress from Amazon so I can move away from instant coffee...Maybe better coffee will make no milk more bearable?

Thanks all!

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Search for bulletproof coffee on this board.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

SmokingKipper is offline Junior Member
    Thanks

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    I was once a coffee and all kinds of flavored (that is SUGARED) creamers kind of guy!

Now I drink about 4 cups (24oz) and a half a can of coconut milk every day after I have my high protein breakfast (which I try to eat within 30 minutes of waking) and I love it! I'm also usually not hungry again until well after the rest of the folks in the office have answered the cattle call for Lunch, which is no doubt due to their high carb breakfasts resulting in a much quicker onset of hunger.

I am going to try some Bulletproof coffee soon!

Danielle5690 is offline Senior Member
    Bulletproof coffee is delicious, also heavy cream does more than regular milk to mellow the bite of coffee, so you might like your sugar-less coffee more if you use cream instead of milk.

Martha is offline Senior Member
    Freshly brewed, organic coffee with heavy cream and a little cinnamon and a little stevia to sweeten. One cup with breakfast, one with lunch. Very occasionally, one or more in the afternoon, but I try not to make a habit of it. Like you, I used to drink 5-6 or more cups a day, with sugar and 1/2 and 1/2.

If you haven't tried stevia, do. A very little goes a very long way, i.e. about 1/40 teaspoon pure stevia = 1 teaspoon sugar. Yes, 1/40. That is not a typo. Try to find pure stevia powder, without additives like maltodextrin. I use this SweetLeaf Stevia Extract, Powder, .9-Ounce Jars (Pack of 2): Amazon.com: Grocery & Gourmet Food Clean tasting, dissolves well in hot liquids. If stevia tastes bitter to you, you are likely using too much, or using something with an additive.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    I drink my coffee mostly with heavy organic cream, but I've made the bulletproof coffee and it's good. I will also drink it black. I learned to like it sans suger years ago.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Buy better coffee, and you won't have to put crap in it. Sounds harsh, but it's true.

tim_1522 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    Buy better coffee, and you won't have to put crap in it. Sounds harsh, but it's true.
    I'm all ears as far as suggestions (brands, varieties, etc.) to up my coffee "game"!

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    A good fresh ground in a French press is a great start. A good quality organic bean is what I would choose, and I would be careful not to pick a dark roast, as your tastebuds wont be used to that--YET, you may find in a very short time that you either really like coffee or you really dont. Time will tell.

Bulletproof coffee is something entirely different in my book, I too am a coffee drinker, I drink 4-5 large mugs over the course of the first half of the day, and I used to use flavored creamers etc. Bulletproof coffee is creamy, but it is more of a meal replacement, and from reading your post that is not what you were looking for. If you are like me the habit of that warm mug is often more of the drive than the actual taste LOL

Heavy Whipping cream should be your go to creamer, it will give you a richness that will help fullfill the sweetness...but actuality is that you just have to deprive yourself for a little bit until your tastes change and you no longer want the sugar. To begin with I would stay away from ALL fruit as well, then incorporate it in later after you are over your 'need' for sugar. A little bit of berries for me made me want more kinds of sugar in the begining, now a few weeks in I am fine. In fact I had a slice of apple and it seemed uber sweet to me, I just stick to occational blueberries and raspberries with a tiny bit of full fat plain greek yogurt......plain yogurt is another thing I could not stand, now it is rich and creamy and no need for sweeter!

Hang in there, after a week or so you will get the sugar out of your system and your body will start to crave silly things.......like spinach topped with eggs fried in bacon grease
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast