Thread: Yogurt page

tondalea is offline Junior Member

Yogurt

Primal Fuel
    Hello,
    This board is too difficult to search and I'm sure this information is in here somewhere but what is the deal with yogurt? Is it primal or not? I'm not a big dairy fan but I do like greek yogurt and its good for the protein. I'm about 75-80% Primal now...thanks
    Take care of your body, its the only place you have to live. ~Jim Rohn~

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I'm of the opinion that plain, unsweetened, full fat, NOT NOT NOT the silly low fat stuff, Greek or European style yogurt, or Icelandic skyr (if you can get this, TRY it!) is just fine in moderation.

And lots of people here agree. However... if weight loss is a goal watch out as it's often one of the first things suggested that a person cuts out if they stall.

Lately I've noticed the stores getting worse and worse abut NOT carrying the full fat versions of Greek yogurt... so my last trip the best I could do was 10% milk fat. I assume that this is because the Greek yogurt makers are trying to play into the hands of ever fat phobic American culture. This pisses me off! I'll probably have to resort to making my own if it all of the brands continue to follow suit.
    And I will be complaining to the stores/requesting the full fat version. Though I get that with CW they may not be able to afford to stock it and sell it due to the fact that people are so fat phobic.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    BTW... there IS a search function. It works...
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

JennaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    BTW... there IS a search function. It works...
    sometimes when i search for something that i know is on the board, it comes back no results ??? which is weird because it uses google.

Redflame is offline Senior Member
    Full fat greek yogurt is horribly difficult to find, once you find a store that carries it make sure to talk to the dairy manager and let them know you appreciate that they carry it. OR if you have a grocery store you primarily shop ask them for it.

Just make sure it is plain, unless you want to consider it part of your 80/20. We get the honey greek once in a blue moon, but the plain with blueberries is just like a dessert for us. And the plain is fantastic to be used in place of sour cream, nice to take the heat out of spicey wings!
    Redflame
    Started PB Aug 9, 2010 then let 'stuff' get in the way
    Back to start and make a fantastic 2012
    Goal of Significant Weight Loss
    15 pounds down! with more to go!

LJH
    LJH is offline Senior Member
    This one comes up with some regularity here and I can never resist my standard reply:

Don't BUY yogurt, Greek or otherwise! It's so stinking EASY to make and you have 100% control of the ingredients and it's so much better tasting than any commercial stuff. It takes about 24 hrs. but only a few minutes of that are hands-on, the rest is the process of leaving it to 'yog'. Here's a good place to start:

How to make Greek Yogurt - YouTube