Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: "Chicken" nuggets the only thing eaten for 15 years?? page

primalbritt is offline Junior Member

Exclamation "Chicken" nuggets the only thing eaten for 15 years??

Shop Now
    A friend shared this article with me and I was appalled. She just LOOKS ill.

Talk about avoiding poisonous things... can't wait for "nutritionists" to villify the fat content.

Anyone else have snarky input/admonishments? I have so much, my brain can't process it fast enough.

Athanasey is offline Senior Member
    That's some awesome parenting right there...
    Became Primal August 2011

SW - 84kg / 185lb
    CW - 60kg / 132lb
    GW - 60kg / 132lb

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Athanasey View Post
    That's some awesome parenting right there...
    I was gonna say. It always amazes me when parents say "it's all my kid will eat". At age two did she drive herself down to McDonalds at buy them herself?

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    i wondered when someone would post that story! i'm wondering if there's some kinda crazy chemical in those things - whenever you hear about someone freaking out at mcdonald's, it seems like it's about an order of chicken nuggets!

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    I am wrong for being amused with how she is posing with the nuggets, the McD's sign, and all those little toys? It's almost like, "Look at all these fun things that are killing me! Woot woot!" And it's a good indicator that food intake =/= appearance. If I saw that girl walking down the street I wouldn't think, "Damn, I bet all she eats is deep fried chicken nuggets."
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

banananutmuffin is offline Senior Member
    There's some disease... forgive me but I can't think of the name right now... where people only eat one thing (or a select few items). I think there's a TV show about it.

I actually thought she looked pretty good for someone who only eats chicken nuggets and fries. I have a friend who goes to McDs all the time and orders two Big Macs with a SIDE of 20 chicken nuggets. Now HE looks like hell.
    Female, 40 yrs old, 5', 120 lbs (post-pregnancy)
    Went Primal January 2, 2012!

Paleo Cooking for Cavekids cookbook

Catherine is offline Senior Member
    yeah i've heard of that disorder, i think. I remember reading about some guy who would ONLY eat mac n cheese & like 2 other things. I think his excuse was that he was a super taster so he could only eat certain things? IDK. just vague memories of something i read on the interwebby.

yeah i thought Miss McNuggets looked pretty good considering her food choice. However, I looked pretty skinny too at that age eating mall chinese food, pizza, diet coke & wrigley's gum.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Catherine View Post
    yeah i've heard of that disorder, i think. I remember reading about some guy who would ONLY eat mac n cheese & like 2 other things. I think his excuse was that he was a super taster so he could only eat certain things? IDK. just vague memories of something i read on the interwebby.

yeah i thought Miss McNuggets looked pretty good considering her food choice. However, I looked pretty skinny too at that age eating mall chinese food, pizza, diet coke & wrigley's gum.
    I've heard of super-tasters as well, but I think it's far less prevalent than people making excuses for their shitty diets.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Yeah the show on TV is called Freaky Eaters. It's a real problem, one of the guys on it had to cover everything in maple syrup, another guy could only eat fries, but there was one about a woman who couldn't help tasting powdered detergent all the time (obviously dangerous).

One day I was reading a zero-carb forum (prompted by a post in the 'blog topic' area here) and there was a thread about a Freaky Eaters episode where the guy would only eat meat (which the zero carbers did not think was appropriately called 'freaky').

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    My uncle has eaten nothing but Wendy's hamburgers, dry, with grape soda for at least 3 or 4 decades. I think he eats potato chips, too.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast