Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Primal results vs. Body for life results page 3

paleo_piper is offline Junior Member

Primal Fuel

Add me in for someone who, if I eat enough fat and calories for breakfast, I'm pretty full and only a little hungry throughout the day. My stomach rarely growls any more. It's more of a "say old chap, if you wouldn't put putting some food in here, that'd be great but no rush" rather than that old carboholic caged lion feel of "FEED. NOW."

You need to eat more fat, and you need to eat more food. One egg for breakfast? Really? Sometimes I have four. That'll keep me full for 5-6 hours at least, depending on how much exercising I'm doing. I usually have soup/stew for lunch (leftovers) and what most people would call a "snack" for dinner. If I have dinner at all. Get that fat up, don't be afraid to eat.

stinika Guest

Wow. Such great advice here! I was hesitant to post because in actuality "I know better" and could give someone else advice - I just don't trust myself to take my own advice.

Mom2Disney Girl - Excellent advice. I just needed to hear it from someone else. Usually if I eat a good breakfast I end up more hungry; however, I think that I need to eat more earlier in the day.

Jo - Yes! I should just make my "dinner" meal at 4 when I come home. Who says I need to eat at 6? This way I will not snack until "dinner" and I think this will help.

Minxxa - this last week was good. I was on track and even when I came home and was hungry didn't find the pretzels . I'm eager for this next week and my primal eats I've made. Stroganoff (with some liver added), wild salmon, lots of veggies. I even bought some ghee today and lard (although I'm not sure what to do with the lard or if it's even really primal - are some brands not as good?)

paleo piper and kent - yeah. one egg... that's crazy. I've got to plan better and make a good morning meal.

more fats... hmmm. maybe I could have a whole avocado instead of the 1/2 I usually eat? Veggies with butter / ghee perhaps.

Thanks again!! I'm determined....

LX
    LX is offline Senior Member

Lightly steamed or blanched broccoli with butter is food of the gods.

stinika Guest

Yes! That's part of my food for tomorrow. Looking forward to it. Thanks LX!

verdilak is offline Member

If regards to getting more fat, I don't know how you eat those HB eggs, but try to mash them up and throw in a tablespoon or two of butter and microwave them until the butter melts. It's very good.

Also, avocados. I know they have a good amount of calories so you might think to steer clear of them, but when i was first starting, avocados would really help me control my hunger.

One more thing... fasting. I was hungry at first, but fasting (1 meal a day, and 2 meals a day) really helped me learn my body's rhythms and desires. I know when a growl from stomach means I am really starving (once woke up thinking I was about to puke, but realized that I was STARVING hungry).

Last but not least, I find that the more water I drink, the hungrier I get. So, while my mouth may be dry, I won't drink anything to fix the dryness because I don't want to get hungry right then.

Ism's in my opinion are not good. A person should not believe in an -ism, he should believe in himself. I quote John Lennon, "I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."--Ferris Bueller, 1986
    Check me out @ my blog: Retrospective Caveman
    I set up a Facebook Group for all those who are eating and living Paleo/Primal

Jasetyn is offline Junior Member

Hey girl! I feel where you're coming from. I personally love the BFL workouts and the option of a free day and or meal. I would personally recommend, although it's not 'primal' as such, that you try a modified Zone diet approach. This would involve weighing and measuring food which many people don't like for obvious reasons, but I think at some point you have to work it for yourself. I don't recommend going back on grains and starches, re-read some literature on this issue or revisit why you decided to go primal in the first place, and maybe switching up your mindset will empower you to make a more informed decision. I have been moderately primal/ SCD for 5 weeks now with great health results (better skin, better sleep, happier in general) but I have made no weight goals (as in loss of weight). So I am modifying my approach, although this month of ZERO sugar, sweeteners, starches, grains, and dairy products has been a huge boost for my confidence in myself. Hope this helps, grace and peace!

Jase

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member

I agree with those who suggest eating more early in the day -- and all at once, rather than spread out into snacks every few hours. I know that I feel much better on 3 big meals than on a bunch of snacks that never fill me up.

Personally, I like a huge salad with spinach, miscellaneous veggies, 4 oz canned fish, 1 oz nuts, and 2 Tbs olive oil for breakfast.

Another good option, if it must be easy and portable, is 2-3 HB eggs plus 4-6 oz of cold meat (beef or pork roast or leftover chicken work well). I often do this for lunch. Sometimes I make the eggs into Fat Guacamole Devils, particularly if I'm taking a relatively low-fat cut of meat that day.

For dinner, another big serving of meat and veggies cooked in fat or topped with butter. Maybe a good, primal stew or chili (no beans). Something rich and satisfying.

Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

arthurb999 is offline Senior Member

Don't be afraid of fat...

Dietary fat makes you full, sugar makes you fat.

elorajade is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I echo the sentiment that you are not eating enough. I'm an obsessive calorie counter, however while doing this, I refuse to count calories. I *know* that I was, even while counting calories eating way way below my BMR (eating about 1000-1200 a day, if I went on a "binge" it would be closer to 1800 a day).

So, I've stopped counting, and just eat foods that are acceptable. I've also noticed that there are some days when I have such an awesome breakfast, that I skip lunch, or even dinner!

I'm trying to eat intuitively, I have to ask myself through dinner, am I full, can I save this yummy halibut for lunch or a snack?

I think that when I start to obsess about calories, I feel deprived and that leads to diving off the wagon. I have food to eat, if I'm actually HUNGARY, then I'll eat.

SW: 235
    CW:220
    Rough start due to major carb WD.

MWF: 1 hour run/walk, 1.5 hours in the gym - upper/lower and core
    Sat/Sun=Yard/house work, chasing kids, playing
    Family walk every night instead of everyone vegging in front of the TV
    Personal trainer to build muscle mass & to help meet goals

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123