Thread: Hunger is back...with a vengence! page

cheffy is offline Member

Hunger is back...with a vengence!

Primal Fuel
    Ok, when I first started PB I was amazed at how full I always felt. Lately I've been feeling like I could eat all day long...what's up with that? I know I should eat until I'm full, but really, I could probably eat 4000-5000 calories in one day and not think twice about it, and I REALLY don't want to gain back all the weight I've lost. Am I doing something wrong??

sapphire_chan is offline Senior Member
    Throwing some ideas at you to consider. Hopefully even considering totally wrong ideas will trigger a realization on what's going on.

Have any of the following changed:
    carb intake
    exercise amount, particularly outdoors in the cold
    pregnancy status

Other than that, could just be winter. Or you could be getting sick and eating a ton of food is your body's way of getting enough of some nutrient.

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    I had the same thing last weekend, I trained extremely hard all last week and then the hunger hit me on Friday. Had it right through till Tuesday, then I fasted for 24 hours on Wed which seems to have helped.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

primalsun is offline Member
    Try incorporating some liver, heart, kidneys, and other offal into your diet. I find that they keep me much more satiated than just ground beef. I'm not sure if this has to do with the fact that they are super nutrient dense and give your body what it needs OR if I just like ground beef too much and find it easy to overeat. Either way, adding organs is super healthy!

tplank is offline Senior Member
    +1 on the fasting. I was going through a period of constant hunger and I had gotten away from fasting. Returning to fasting seems to have fixed it.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    It is winter and you've probably dipped into your fat stores long enough, your body senses you're too low and upregulates appetite.

cheffy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
    Throwing some ideas at you to consider. Hopefully even considering totally wrong ideas will trigger a realization on what's going on.

Have any of the following changed:
    carb intake
    exercise amount, particularly outdoors in the cold
    pregnancy status

Other than that, could just be winter. Or you could be getting sick and eating a ton of food is your body's way of getting enough of some nutrient.
    Everything is pretty much the same but I did just happen to kind of accidently do a 24 hour fast and my appetite is GONE!

cheffy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tplank View Post
    +1 on the fasting. I was going through a period of constant hunger and I had gotten away from fasting. Returning to fasting seems to have fixed it.
    It's funny that this just happened to me by chance, haven't eaten for nearly 24 hours and I figure I might as well go the distance since my appetite is gone. IF has so many benefits! Thanks for the advice

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Issabeau View Post
    It is winter and you've probably dipped into your fat stores long enough, your body senses you're too low and upregulates appetite.
    I found this to be true, and accelerated by being primal. I'm hungry a lot, but I know that things will change come spring. And I don't use it as an excuse to pig out.