Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Toxins in Yankee Candles? page 2

athomeontherange is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    After doing some research, if you have asthma or respiratory issues burning candles is not a good idea. Not because of the toxins so much as you are just adding crap to the air.. just saying

However, if that does NOT apply to you... just how many toxins are we talking about?? Its not like carbon monoxide right? anyway, thats my take- use it, or not
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    heed the dado, enjoy the candles
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    heed the dado, enjoy the candles
    Yeah, seriously.....

jkr
    jkr is offline Senior Member
    Beeswax all the way! Burning them actually produces negative ions like moving water does. Plus, it's not a nasty petroleum product full of synthetic fragrance.

Grok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla View Post
    Apparently candle production is completely unregulated, and some candles have LEAD in their wicks!
    That is totally false. Lead wick cores have been banned in the US for several years by the Consumer Product Safety Commission.

Personally I think the laws are totally unnecessary. The free market is perfectly capable of handling product safety on its own.

janeisgreen is offline Junior Member
    Please use only beeswax candles. They are the only truly natural and sustainable ones. Also, fragrance oils are not something you want anywhere near you. There are two blog posts at this link of particular interest: one about candle waxes and the other about artificial fragrances. The Lowdown On… | Smallbones

YankeeHorrible is offline Junior Member
    My girlfriend ordered online from their website 12 candles to gift a friend who was moving to a new home. The candles arrived but she was shocked when she opened the lid. The candles were in various stages of molten shapeless mass and we could not even see the wick. The candles were useless and some were even spilling out when the lid was opened, making a mess. The twelve candles are simply unusable.

And since she bought them online, its such a pain to even return-ship them. This was a disaster having spent quite a sum on these candles. She has vowed never to buy from them again. I have added some pictures of candles in a relatively less messy state.

This cannot be heat as I live in pretty cool place and have had candles shipped in worse weather conditions. Does Yankee Candle have any quality control? Do they even check before they ship masses of messy goods to customers?

Edit: After talking to their customer service, they want us ship the twelve heavy jars back. We are so frustrated, at this point, I am telling my GF to throw the entire shit out and never look back at this YANKEE company in her LIFE again.

Link to my Yelp Review and the photos:

Yankee Candle Company - South Deerfield, MA

Beachbrat is offline Junior Member
    I live in Texas and have had Yankee candles delivered in the summer and never had a problem. You can return them to a store if there is one near you. The few issues I've had ( wrong candle holder size sent) was handled promptly with a replacement sent right away and since it was an error on their part they told me to just keep the wrong one. Personally I love their candles and will continue to enjoy them but every one is welcome to their opinions and likes.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by YankeeHorrible View Post
    My girlfriend ordered online from their website 12 candles to gift a friend who was moving to a new home. The candles arrived but she was shocked when she opened the lid. The candles were in various stages of molten shapeless mass and we could not even see the wick. The candles were useless and some were even spilling out when the lid was opened, making a mess. The twelve candles are simply unusable.

And since she bought them online, its such a pain to even return-ship them. This was a disaster having spent quite a sum on these candles. She has vowed never to buy from them again. I have added some pictures of candles in a relatively less messy state.

This cannot be heat as I live in pretty cool place and have had candles shipped in worse weather conditions. Does Yankee Candle have any quality control? Do they even check before they ship masses of messy goods to customers?

Edit: After talking to their customer service, they want us ship the twelve heavy jars back. We are so frustrated, at this point, I am telling my GF to throw the entire shit out and never look back at this YANKEE company in her LIFE again.

Link to my Yelp Review and the photos:

Yankee Candle Company - South Deerfield, MA
    Tell them you'll return them if they send you a shipping label. Since it's not your fault they arrived melted, you shouldn't have to pay return shipping.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12