Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Anybody Interested in Starting a Peacful Hunter-Gatherer Tribe? page

<3mnts is offline Junior Member

Anybody Interested in Starting a Peacful Hunter-Gatherer Tribe?

Shop Now
    Hi Everybody-
    I'm wondering if anybody out there really wants to be the change they want to see in the world and prove that humans can in fact exist like the animal we have evolved to be thus far...And what I mean by that is start a community, or a tribe, from scratch somewhere where the climate is hospitable enough to go without much clothing, (clothes DONT grow on trees!) hunt and gather our food, (persistance hunting) possibly making a few sharp implements, fire, picking fruit and digging up tubers, scavenging large ostrich eggs...basically being a tribe of bushmen...but we'd be doing it because we respect our hands and feet and body and brains for what it can do, AND we'd be people who abandoned our ignorant, developed world lives. ON purpose. We'd spend our time getting food, but also socializing, making things like shoes or spears..Yes, its a huge HUUGE leap for (developed-world) mankind. But seriously, you have your hands, feet, brain, and eyes,, and capacity to know what it means to respect your body and respect the Earth. Why is anything more important than that? We are surely intelligent to know that money and material possessions dont matter. Whose with me? Do you think we can prove it to the world?

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Man is Truth View Post
    I don't think anyone doubts that its possible or anything. I think its fear of marshalls and rangers and blackhawk helicopters though.
    +1

And I would add that people won't even get along on an internet thread, much less a situation where we all have to work towards the collective (was grok a communist? Hmmmm..). Anyway, truth b told, I believe that it could be possible someday.

Grumpycakes is offline Senior Member
    The most important thing about tribal life is that everyone around you is someone you grew up with.
    Internet strangers getting together -- not so much.
    You lousy kids! Get off my savannah!

Nonviolent Protest..Or whatever it was Ghandi did. Sure, ppl might stare. They might throw tomatoes (bombs) at us, worst casenario. But if you think about it, we sort of leave other indigenous tribes alone. But it is true that their land is being taken, and they are forced onto reservations. But we, being more intellectual, will know how to converse with them. They might just let us be. *they: marshalls, rangers, blackhawks

Ayla is offline Senior Member
    I enjoy thinking about this kind of thing, even fantasizing about a life like this.

However, I don't want to deny myself the chance to make use of the progress humanity has made, while avoiding as many of the mistakes of our species as possible. I like the idea of living close to a hunter-gatherer lifestyle, but with all of the wonders, conveniences, and pleasures modern life has to offer.
    28, female, 5'2"
    Went primal 7/28/10: 154 lbs.
    1/12/12: 135 lbs.
    Goal: 120 lbs.

but I think if the drive is there..in other words, you'd have to be committed 110%...getting along would be a small barrier. We'd all add a little something. But we'd mostly be too concerned about getting the job done. There would also have to be many of us, maybe even some of us would come with a significant other, have some kids, but in order for the support system to be there, I think we'd have to rally up more than just a few people. Then, we might all find someone who doesn't annoy us to no end.

Blackcatbone is offline Senior Member
    Hell no. I wanna shoot stuff. Seriously though, I like my nice soft bed and I don't camp. i could if I had to and I've roughed it plenty, but given my druthers, I'd rather not.

spughy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy Caveman View Post
    The most important thing about tribal life is that everyone around you is someone you grew up with.
    Internet strangers getting together -- not so much.
    Yes. Internet strangers getting together = a bad cross between Survivor and Lord of the Flies.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    I don't think a community is something that you can put together. It's more something that grows organically when you share common views, experiences and general ethics. Even then, I'm not sure it would work. There's a reason why laws were created - humans can't get along. They created the laws to say "We all agree that certain behavior is just plain wrong". But someone had to think that behavior was okay in the first place for it to ever even come up.

Then there are always the outsiders, and they may be better armed and that's when it gets really ugly.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

wiltondeportes Guest
    This is an idealistic stance that simply cannot be applied to all 6 billion in the world. I'd like to think the world could be there eventually, but baby steps... Slower is faster in this case.

I actually have something quite similar to this topic that I'm going to start a thread on within a day or two. Look out for that.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast