Thread: Am I losing weight or just dropping body fat??? page

Sunlva is offline Junior Member

Cool Am I losing weight or just dropping body fat???

Shop Now
    Hi guys,

I've been primal for a whole 2 months now (crowd goes wild!) and while I know there are some of you out there who would think losing 'weight' is a good thing for me it's not my intention as there isn't really anything to lose and I've been down the underweight track before.

So my challenge is that even though I'm eating like a small horse and only exercising primal-styles the number on the scales keeps dropping and I'm getting worried.

On the flip side though I've gotten stronger and have gained lean muscle mass so is this just body getting to work shedding stored fat? I mean we all have it right and even though I'm on the lean side there is still some junk in the trunk if you know what I mean

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated
    Last edited by Sunlva; 01-26-2012 at 07:33 PM.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    the primal blueprint is about achieving homeostasis. if you're eating primally--and a lot--and getting stronger, just ignore the scale. hell, throw that thing out. this lifestyle is all about correcting your body to reach it's optimal health...not a number on a scale.
    if you are really concerned about going underweight, just adjust your diet and exercise accordingly...eat more potatoes and fruit, lift more weights.

Haha thanks Rob - need to learn to trust how I feel and stop falling into old "thinking" traps that belong to the old me and a lifetime of CW conditioning!!!

Old habits and ways of thinking die hard but I'll battle on and eat more spuds!

Cheers,
    Helen

SoccerGrok is offline Senior Member
    Live how you look and feel...Free your Mind, and your Grok will follow:-)

PrimalCon New York
    Love it! Permission to steal?