Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help - Need advice re; the amount of fat im including in my diet. page 2

ib4student is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Hey, all of us are still around

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    That's not high in fat at all. That's about the ratio of fat in meat. Some low carb high fat diets advocate 75% or more fat. You are doing fine. You're letting the CW heebie-jeebies about infiltrate you.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 170 x 3. Current Deadlift: 220 x 3

Go Tribe is offline Senior Member
    I average about 60% fat. I usually have trouble getting my fat load to that point. The more fat you eat, the quicker you get sated. I have a heavy whipping cream addiction. Look at that on FitDay. Everytime my wife catches me slurping some from the container, she just rolls her eyes and makes gagging noises...
    Started 9/15/11 at 323 pounds
    2/16/13 at 241 pounds
    Goal is 223 pounds or less

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Tribe View Post
    I average about 60% fat. I usually have trouble getting my fat load to that point. The more fat you eat, the quicker you get sated. I have a heavy whipping cream addiction. Look at that on FitDay. Everytime my wife catches me slurping some from the container, she just rolls her eyes and makes gagging noises...
    If you have a Costco around you, check their dairy section. Mine carries 1/2 gallon organic heavy whipping cream for something like $2.99 or $3.59, which is ridiculously low!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    I know that most of the folks on this forum embrace high fat, which is something neither I nor my husband do. We've been stricter paleo for around 8 months, and we only eat lean meat and in general use little fat (coming from sources like oily fish, olive oil, coconut oil, avocados or occasional nuts). Neither of us feel good eating higher fat - in fact, if he eats a dinner that's high in animal fat, he is usually up half the night and then doesn't want to eat the next day because he feels nauseated by the thought of food. Not everyone thrives on high fat, just like not everyone thrives on eating lots of fruit - what's too high in fat for one person might be just right for another.

If you feel healthy and you're getting results with the way you're eating, then there's no need to worry. If your health goals stall, then you could try reducing fat or calories.

Apex Predator is offline Senior Member
    Your ratio looks good. I eat a little higher fat than that, but that's just due to my total calorie intake being much higher.

ShannonPA-S is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BestBetter View Post
    I know that most of the folks on this forum embrace high fat, which is something neither I nor my husband do. We've been stricter paleo for around 8 months, and we only eat lean meat and in general use little fat (coming from sources like oily fish, olive oil, coconut oil, avocados or occasional nuts). Neither of us feel good eating higher fat - in fact, if he eats a dinner that's high in animal fat, he is usually up half the night and then doesn't want to eat the next day because he feels nauseated by the thought of food. Not everyone thrives on high fat, just like not everyone thrives on eating lots of fruit - what's too high in fat for one person might be just right for another.

If you feel healthy and you're getting results with the way you're eating, then there's no need to worry. If your health goals stall, then you could try reducing fat or calories.
    I thought I was the only one who doesn't love a lot of fat. The thought fatty meat makes me ill. I do believe for many (most?) people it is really good...but I just feel ill eating it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12