Primal Journal- Day 1

Hola Amigos,

Day 1-

Break, 10 am- sardines packed in olive oil

Lunch, 1 pm- fish grilled with onions, chile, peppers

Snack 3:30- 3 oz tuna with 1/2 avocado and 1/2 c. jicama

Dinner- 1/4 of a chicken heated up in coconut oil

2 liters of water; 1.45 brisk walk

Feeling good and positive today. Excited about doing the PB and know I am actually on the right road to optimal nutrition!

Jade

lifewithjades is offline Senior Member

Day 2-

Break- 8 am chorizo with 1 cup spinach cooked with coconut oil

12 tuna- 3 oz with 1/4 avocado and 1/2 c. jicama

Lunch 3 pm-arrachera (Mexican steak dish) with 8 ounces of pina fresca (a no- no. It is water with about half pineapple juice added). Guacamole.

6pm- Chicarron and chorizo.

Okay, so not a very good day- pineapple water and fried food.....not battered and fried- but fried- and I'm assuming they used vegetable oil. It was a moment of weakness, my friend wanted me to try pina fresca and I thought, "Shoot- I'm in Mexico and have never had it- why not". Well.....because if I continue the why nots then I won't make my goal.

The chicarron was extremely, extremely salty.

Up from 169.8 to 171 this morning- no fun. Not the direction I want to go.

Lifted weights for 1 hour- full body. There's a cold type thing going around and feel the beginnings of it. Going to ward it off with lots of Vit D.

2 liters H2O

Acknowledge, learn, regroup :-)

Day 3-

Brk 9 : 3 oz chorizo with 1 cup spinach cooked in coconut oil

Snack 12: 3 oz tuna with 1/4 avocado about 2 tspn salsa and a little coconut oil

Lunch: 2:30: chicken broth soup with chicken and 1 slice avocado. Roasted pork with chile, cilantro, onion, and red and green salsa

Snack 7om- 2oz left over pork

Dinner 9pm: a roasted chicken, about 3/4 including bones- so probably about 1/2 a roasted chicken and 2/3 tbsn coconut oil, salsa

No workout today, I felt tired...did walk for about 45-1 hour.

Felt better today, totally on plan.

2+ liters H2o, 3 I think.........

Move forward, looking forward to another PB day!

Day 4-

Brk 1 cup spinach and 4 oz chorizo 9am

Snack- 1 chicken drum stick 12pm

Lunch- breaded (I really need to learn Spanish so I can order better- I thought it was GRILLED) fish fillet. Ate about half of it, breaded with corn I assume- hope as I'm gluten intolerant.....Don't feel too good though so chances are that it had some wheat it in......man- haven't had any wheat in months! Zucchini and avocado. Two sips of a drink with lemon and cucumber and touch of sugar. My Mexican friend just wouldn't let me not try it- he was getting offended.....aye aye aye

About 4pm, 1 piece of chorizo

8:30 Pm - felt really, really, really hungry. Had 3 pieces of chorizo, a grilled fish fillet, a small piece of pork and chicken and then all of a sudden I was full- ate too fast.

Really started to feel poor after lunch. Upset that my meal was fried...but it's bound to happen- I'm here learning a new language and navigating a menu (esp. bc how things are cooked is not listed) is a challenge. Just have to not be mad or frustrated with myself and know that I will continue to get better and keep on going.

3 Liters H2O

Walked approx 1 1/2 hours

Belly Dancing Class

This morning weighed in at 170.1. I'm weight myself daily and am going to take the average.......

I think PB is going to help overcome my fear of food. I have to consciously tell myself to be in the present and not be afraid to eat- esp. like tonight when I'm hungry and am wanting more food. When the hGc diet didn't work for me and the doctor told me he thought something was wrong for me- it really got me introverted on my body and feeling that maybe my metabolism is "bad" or some such nonesense. After reading PB and a others, I realize that's not the case. I may be highly insulin resistant- but there's nothing wrong with me- and I am changing my body composition and losing the 20 lbs I desire- and I'm actually doing it the right way this time.

J

cece Guest

Hi Lifewithjades! I am a newbie in Mexico too! I am hoping to go primal and doing my homework (for the second time but we won't talk about that attempt that never got off the ground). Is it helping you to post at this site?

Day 5-

Yesterday and today are a bit of a blur.I've come down with the flu here in Mexico and am quite sick. I have not been sick for a VERY long time- a long, long,long time. Well, I'll give myself some slack, new country, new language, new everything.

This illness does account for the strange weakness I was feeling in the gym. I'm thankful I read PB when I did, because in the past I would have pushed myself through my workouts- but this time took it a bit more easy and probably kept myself from getting more sick.

I am gluten intolerant and found out yesterday that it wasn't corn on the fish I had, but wheat. I know this lessened my immune system just enough to allow the flu that's been going around to grab a hold. I'm quite sick and needed some help, so went to the doctor and was given an intramuscular shot of antibiotics- he said I will need between 3-6 more.

Okay, food.

Brk- my chorizo, 2 links I think, and spinach.

Snack- 3 ounces of tuna with a little salsa and coconut oil

Lunch- an entire roasted chicken, I was too full!

Snack- half chorizo

Dinner- bistek and green salad.

Day 6-

Spinach and chorizo, 1 link, about 10am

12, half a link of chorizo (can you tell I have a lot of chorizo and it's very easy to make!) 1 cup jicama with lime and chile

2:30 about 3 pieces of chicken on the bone and a cup of mushroom broth soup

I'm going in and out of intense dizziness, hot flashes, weakness, etc. I'm going to rest some more..........

Cece- Hola! Where in Mexico are you? Perhaps we could meet up if you are in Mexico City. I think it's great you're thinking of going Primal! Yeah! Yes, posting so far has been helpful- people are very helpful and give a lot of input.

Adios :-)

cece Guest

Jades - yes I am in MC. Live in Santa Fe, work near ABC hospital on Observatorio and enjoy painting in a studio on Prado Norte. Where are you?

Hola,

I am on Diagonal San Antonio, in De Valle. Do you know where this is?

cece Guest

No, but I can easily look on my map. Is it downtown?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Day 7-Domingo (Sunday)

I made it through yesterday with a lot of rest, a 30 minute walk (too much too soon, still too sick with the flu) and liquids. Today I feel much better, have to go back to the doctor for another round of the injection...this flu is really strong! Not only have I not been sick in a long time, it seems like this strain is super-strong and fast acting compared to past flus I've gotten......Anyway, luckily I'm strong too and am much, much better yesterday.

Brk- 4 oz white fish with 1 cup spinach and coconut oil, 7:30/ 8

Snack- 1 drumstick and about 2 oz chicken, 12

Lunch- 3 white fish with onion, 3 olives, peppers, tomato.

Snack- 3 guavas, tangerine, mango (6pm)

Dinner- 1 cup "Jugo de carne"- beef broth basically, 2-3 oz white fish cooked in coconut oil. 1/2 avocado.

I had fruit today, usually I don't eat it in an effort to keep my carbs down- but I allow it one day a week as a special treat. I think being sick, the extra phyto-nutrients were especially helpful. My carbs were at 98- I try to keep them around 20--50.

Cece- I am close to downtown, but not in downtown. Diagonal San Antonia, Colonia de Valle, 03100.

Ciao!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast