Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Primal 30-day Challenge/ Journal page 2

lifewithjades is offline Senior Member

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

Day 8-

Had another intramuscular injection today, these are starting to hurt despite my high pain tolerance. The doctor told me I will need two more........aaahhhh. Well, sometimes there is a place for conventional medicine.

Brk- 8ish: 3 ounce pork loin sauteed with coconut oil, 1/2 cup jicama and 1.5 oz avocado

Snack- 12- can of sardines in olive oil, tad of sea salt

Lunch- 3:30 Charrazo- you can't get much more primal than this, it's a huge pork bone with pieces of meat still stuck on, slowly roasted. Had some guacamole with it and vegetable consome- veggie broth soup. It looks like a lot, but realistically once you get all the meat off the bone, it's mainly bone- very delicious though and oh so primal looking

Dinner- about to have- 7pm, 1 oz pork loin and 4 ounces white fish cooked in coconut oil.

2 liter H20

Half an hour/ 45 minute walk- am stronger than yesterday, feels good to be getting my strength back.

Adios Amigos

cece Guest

Hi Jades, Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Day 9

Breakfast- leftover arrachera with a little olive oil and parsley and 3.6 ounces of fish in coconut oil, touch of sea salt

Snack- 3 oz pork loin with 1/2 cup jicama and 1.5 oz avocado

Lunch 4pm- 1/2 roasted chicken dipped in red salsa

1/2 cup jicama and .25 oz avocado

Dinner- 8 pm. 3 arrachera tacos (no tortilla) with guacamole, salsa, and a lot of grilled onions and some cucumber.

Felt much better today, thank you Cece. I really am noticing a decrease in my appetite, I need to be aware of this so I can change my portions. Lunch and dinner were a bit too much for me; nice to see this change- now just practice awareness to accomodate it.

I think this was of eating is helping me to get over the flu much faster.

Walk, 60 minutes

2 liter H2O

Last antibiotic injection tomorrow! Yeah! Getting lots of sleep.

Day 9-

Breakfast 9am: approx 3 oz roasted chicken, still hungry so I had 1.6 oz pork loin.

12 3 oz pork loin with .8 oz avocado and salsa verde

4pm 1/2 roasted chicken, 1 c. jimaca with salsa and lime, and chiccaderon (spelling?). 1 tablespoon coconut oil.

Walked for about 30 minutes. Got my last shot; feel especially tired today and was really craving fat and salt....hhhmmm.......

3 liters H2O.

Day 10-

Me siento mejor!

Another good day. My strength is coming back and I am feeling so much more like myself.

Brk 9am- 5.6 oz steak cooked in coconut oil

2pm- 3 oz tuna fish with salsa verde

3pm- 2 oz cerdo (pork) roasted with salsa

6pm-.5 oz leftover cerdo and 1 drum stick with 1.6 oz chicken

8:30 pm- dinner will be alambre, arrachera. Steak and bacon sauteed with onion, guacamole and salsa.

3 liter H2O

About 45-60 mins walking, probably closer to an hour. Feeling good! Appetite still diminishing.

Day 11-

Buenas Dias!

I stayed up quite late last night and was extremely tired today. I really need to take it easy until I am completely over this flu, struggling to do this.

Brk 9am- 5.7 oz steak cooked in coconut oil - STILL HUNGRY! 1 fillet of white fish also cooked in coconut oil

12 3oz ground pork with 1.1 oz avocado and salsa verde

2ish- salad with 5 oz chicken and pork, salsa verde, 1 cup jicama, avocado and less than a tspn of olive oil

7:15 two links of chorizo with 1 cup lettuce...

2 liter H2O 1 hour walking

Day 12-

Lots of sleep= vast improvement!

Break- 9am 3 oz chorizo

Snack 12am- 3 oz ground pork with 1 oz avocado

Lunch-2:30 Charramos (pork leg), about 5 oz with vegetable soup

Snack- 6 pm rest of charramos, an ounce or less

Dinner 8 pm onion, salsa, cactus, and beef sauteed with a little bacon- alambre

Weighed in at 170.8 today

26.8 body fat

23.6BMI

On to next week!

Day 13-

Had a great Domingo. I went to the largest market in the world (food/ wholesale/ goods market), saw Santa Fe, enjoyed lots of walking, played- yes PLAYED some fun games with friends, and tango danced in a quaint town square- wonderful day.

Eating was also great. I tried my first IF. This morning I feel good, and I'm so surprised- but it was actually easy!

Had some self-doubting emotions creep up yesterday about my goals and appearance, ability, etc and successfully disciplined myself to not acknowledge them and keep moving forward. Feels great. You get what you put your attention on!

Breakfast- 9:30 2 oz chorizo

Snack- 12ish 2.5 oz chorizo

Lunch 2/3pm- green juice (celery, cilantro, alfalfa, grapefruit juice) unstrained and one bistek taco with salsa, radish, and onion. Then I had a fruit bowl with wonderfully delicious in-season fruits topped with some dried coconut. This was my "scheduled deviation for the week". I allow myself one, within an hour period. Higher carb, so delicious- and besides the corn tortilla, totally primal.

Then, nothing else all day!

2 Liter h2o

Caminar, bailar.......walking and dancing, and playing. Followed by about 8 hours of good sleep.

Me vida es bella!

Day 14

Wow, two weeks of primal, nice!

Brk 9am- 5.6 ounces of white fish fried up in coconut oil, still a bit hungry so added 1.5 oz of roasted chicken

Snack 12- 3 oz pork with 1 oz avocado

Lunch 3- about 4 oz roasted chicken and 1 cup lettuce, 1 cup jicama. Salsa, olive oil, and some sea salt to taste

Dinner 8pm- arrachera alambre (steak sauteed with onion and bell pepper) about 4 oz. Also had about a cup of grilled onions and 1/2 c. cucumber. I know onions are high carb, but grilled onions from this taqueria are to die for! So delicious.

Took an hour nap. Walked about 1.25 hours. 2 liters of water, vitamins.

I'm really liking honoring when I need sleep and when I don't, when I'm hungry, when I'm not.......

Looking forward to more IF. I think it might work best for me to do "condensed IFing" where I stop eating at like 3pm and then don't eat until the next day. Works better than skipping breakfast for me.

Besos Amigos,

Jade

Day 15

Brk 9am roasted chicken

Lunch 3pm rest of roasted chicken (totaled with breakfast 1/2 of a chicken) and 4 oz white fish cooked in coconut oil, 3 oz beef shredded

Dinner 8pm 4.4 oz hamburger cooked up with coconut oil and 2 oz beef shredded. 1/5 cup jicama.

Third day my appetite has been much less. Surprised I wasn't hungry until 3pm today, feels really good.

I'm under calories everyday this week- tracking with Fit Day and averaging about 45% fat, 35% protein, rest carbs. Feels really good.

Did my first real exercise program since getting the flu. I'm tired, but feel good.

2 liter H2o

1 hour walking

30 minute strength

6 stairs 5x

Buenas noches

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast