Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My friend is "furious" at Paleo and me for recommending it page

klawler9 is offline Member

My friend is "furious" at Paleo and me for recommending it

This was an email I got today. I called him about it and he was not happy and very frustrated. He is hovering around 280. His wife and mother have done the same program for the past month with little body fat improvement it sounds. I think he is working out too hard, is stressed out and not sleeping enough (ie; cortisol issues) but he does not want to hear it.

5 fucking pounds?!!!
    I have been killing it in the gym, have not flinched on the eating and abstained from alcohol for a month so I could lose 5 lb's?
    No drinks or fun food at New Years Eve party
    No drinks of food at football game parties at friends house
    No drinks or food at a birthday party where they said it would be catered by The Farm only to find out they switched to pizza and cookies. not a thing else to eat. So we starved and then dashed home after to eat steamed broccoli and chicken
    Taken out to dinner by my boss for hitting 2011 at any restaurant I want and I pick a Asian place where I can eat boiled meats and veges while they eat sushi and pasta and drink
    Department head meeting hosted by 4 Burgers where they said they would have salads only to end up with French fries, but I pulled the patty out of the burger and then got some veges from the café after the meeting.
    A poker game last night that served pizza. I left and went across the street to order shrimp cocktail since I hadn't eaten since lunch

Suicide sessions of rope, medicine ball, kettle bell and interval training on the precor. 45 to 1hr sessions that would make 80% of the people I know vomit!!!!
    5 fucking lb's!!!!!!!!!
    At least before I enjoyed my food, I could relax with my drink. Sure I hated my body, but I'm not thinking too much of it right now.
    Ha, I went and made my wife's 40th this food too. She has only lost 5 lb's as well. my mom has only lost a few. My asshole is still irritated and now my head is too.

Before you say 5 lb's is good, I have not been the average person about this. I have been balls out. I should have seen more. this is the most discouraging thing I could have experienced. I really committed to this thing

Paleo/Primal has worked well for me but it has worked over a long period of time. 30 days is not enough time in my opinion but he really is frustrated.

Any thoughts or advice I could lend to him to help him push through????

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    Hahaha. He sounds like the most awful person ever.

''Oh, I've been pigging out all of my life and now that I make an effort for once for 30 WHOLE DAYS like a big boy I only lose 5 pounds!''

I've seen tougher 6 years old. Seriously, what a waste of a human being.

Edit: I forgot, advice. Uuuuhhhhh simple math? 5 lbs a month is 60lbs a year. That's pretty awesome if you ask me. He could also remove the sand in his vagina.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Eh, sorry but just the diet by itself isn't going to work miracles on the obese if they're overtraining and not getting decent sleep. It's a package deal basically.

Baloo is offline Senior Member
    Exercising isn't an effective method for weight loss. Sounds like he's doing to much exercising then probably eating too much afterwards as a result.

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    Guy sounds like a jerk, but I'm sure he's just frustrated. They could have put on muscle, did he consider that?

Let him be fat, sounds like he can't take it. If he won't listen to you he doesn't want health, he wants a miracle.

Unamused Mouse is offline Senior Member
    And why is he starving? Probably not eating enough fat...

ChefGrok is offline Senior Member
    That sounds pretty bad, but the math is really good annually. My wife and I saw pretty encouraging results after the inital 30 days of strictly being primal. You should show him some of the success stories, they're pretty inspiring. That said, what else can you do?

I'm studying for my cert as a PT, and he sounds overtrained, that will obviously put a tremendous strain on his emotional state. Sounds like a complete bummer from your perspective too.

Glamorama is offline Senior Member
    Has he read the book? Sounds like he's missing the bigger picture.

Analog6 is offline Senior Member
    Terranora, far north coast NSW, Australia
    I'm very happy with 2kgs a month - 4.5lbs - I have lost 10kgs & 44.5 cm since mid August - i weigh/measure again 01 Feb (I weigh monthly). I too do a fair bit of exercise as I am trying to build strength and muscle to compensate for ligament and tendon injuries. It is working, and I am losing inches, but not too much weight. If he wants to lose weight he needs to do the gentle slow exercise that Primal advocates and eat less - but while he will lose fat he will not build muscle.

It is all about tradeoffs on the swings and roundabouts.
    Odille
    F 58 / 170cms / SW 131.5 kgs / Current 112.4/ GW 65
    following Primal Lifestyle and swimming my way to health

My Primal Blog / Photo Blog / RedBubble shop / My Calendars / My Facebook

Nady is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ask him how much weight he lost the month before going primal~

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast