Thread: A Study that shows Phytic Acid to be GOOD FOR YOU and a strong antioxidant? page

Rickyg25 is offline Member

A Study that shows Phytic Acid to be GOOD FOR YOU and a strong antioxidant?

Primal Fuel
    Cancer Inhibition by Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6) and Inositol: From Laboratory to Clinic

I stumbled upon this while reading about Phytic Acid in Wikipedia. Apparently, there is scientific evidence that shows that Phytic Acid is a strong antioxidant and a major key in the prevention of Colon Cancer.

Honestly sometimes there is just so much conflicting information I don't know what to believe anymore. Are there any biochemists or people smarter than me on these forums that can read this study and give me their take?

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    Inositol hexaphosphate (IP6) is a naturally occurring polyphosphorylated carbohydrate that is present in substantial amounts in almost all plant and mammalian cells.
    There will always be conflicting information. Other than for personal interest, don't get bogged down with individual constituents. Phytic acid may well provide a benefit, but it's in most plants.
    I know when studying these things it seems like we know everything, but humans are ignorant of many of the body's vast wonderful chemical processes. There is still much to understand and discover. In the mean time, your body is self-regulating and knows what it's doing, as long as it gets what it's expecting: natural food.

Rickyg25 is offline Member
    great point and great advice. Thanks for that.

jimhensen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rickyg25 View Post
    Cancer Inhibition by Inositol Hexaphosphate (IP6) and Inositol: From Laboratory to Clinic

I stumbled upon this while reading about Phytic Acid in Wikipedia. Apparently, there is scientific evidence that shows that Phytic Acid is a strong antioxidant and a major key in the prevention of Colon Cancer.

Honestly sometimes there is just so much conflicting information I don't know what to believe anymore. Are there any biochemists or people smarter than me on these forums that can read this study and give me their take?
    This is part of the reason why 99% of people in the field don't believe grainz are the devil.

Issabeau is offline Senior Member
    I saw that some toothpastes now have phytic acid in them...now THAT is ironic.

ProtoAlex is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    The "antioxidant" method of many antioxidants is their ability to bind to elements, especially metals, rendering them inert. This has more to do with the benefits of food processing than food digestion as you don't want a canned and left on the shelf for 3 years product having the chain of oxidation kicked off or at least expedited by the circulation of metals many of which are potent pro-oxidants. In the gut however your body is built to use those metals, not the bound compounds.
    "You can demonstrate the purpose and limits of human digestion with a simple experiment: eat a steak with some whole corn kernels, and see what comes out the other end. It won’t be the steak."
    -J.Stanton