Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Poop Matter page

Spirited Rose is offline Junior Member

Poop Matter

Primal Fuel
    So i've been doing the primal diet for a week now. Hasn't been so bad...except i'm passing poop only every other day, and it hurts like the dickens when it comes out (it IS rather large) and doesn't completely evacuate. This leaves me feeling bloated, unable to breathe, headaches, anxiety, foul mood, etc.

I thought eating more veggies would help, but that hasn't done anything yet. Not sure if i'm overcooking them, still need to eat more veggies, need probiotics, or eating too much fat. Done research online, but there are too many ideas. I just can't walk around constipated / un-evacuated or stuffy-down-there all the time! I feel worse off than i was before i started.

Most importantly, i really do want to feel better so I can be better for my kids. I'm a single parent, so it's important for me to be well.

namelesswonder is offline Senior Member
    So what are you eating? It's important for all of us to be well, but we need some information to help you out. A breakdown a daily meals would be helpful.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Too much too soon? Your body might not be very skilled at digesting your new menu. A more gradual approach might be better, or just eat less per sitting to make your poo smaller.

List your eating menu!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Grizz is offline Banned
    Rose,
    Primal is giving up grains, wheat, oatmeal, etc and replacing those calories with healthy fats & oils.

I suggest eating a tablespoon of Coconut Oil at every meal. Build up slowly from one teaspoon at every meal.
    Add olive oil to your salads. Eat a GOOD salad every day, loaded with dark greens.

Your new diet should be a rather large high protein breakfast, NO SNACKING, a Paleo lunch and dinner.
    Include nuts, fruits,meat, eggs, and multiple colored veggies. Drink plenty of water.

Grizz

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I'm proud of you, Grizz! You didn't recommend any of your pet rants. Good advice, too!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

sunnysara is offline Senior Member
    I was having that problem & just started eating sauerkraut with/before each meal (maybe a half a cup). I swear it's working wonders! Taking probiotics in pill form did nothing for me.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Knowing what you're eating would help. Switching to primal had an opposite effect for me, and I'm only at about 60%-40%. Upping the fats helped things along - are you having fat with your veggies and meat? How much veggies are you eating vs. meat? Are you still eating dairy? Do you get enough magnesium?

If you used to eat a ton of fiber and grains, you may be having issues now because your body just hasn't adapted. Or, it could be that your diet needs a tweak - or it could be something else. Knowing what you are eating would definitely help us make more specific suggestions.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    Oh, and probiotics - kombucha, kimchee, saurkraut, real pickles - these are key, too.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Very strange... I find pooing to be much more pleasant (Umm... is that an acceptable way to describe pooping? LOL) Primal.
    The amount I go is less (I assume because it's better digested?) and it's never hard or difficult to pass.

That said, I transitioned slowly so there was never a great sudden jar to my digestive system.

All of the advice here is spot on for your issue though. Follow it!
    The only thing I might add is a good big serving of seaweed/kelp. It's good for you nutritionally and contains a lovely slippery substance that helps things move along and makes gut flora very happy.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

ASmallOne is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i've noticed that changes to my digestive system seem to be delayed as compared to changes in the diet. i also suggest being adamant with your plan and patient with the results. it helps me to journal how i am feeling and "functioning" in that department, which sounds gross, but honestly if you start noticing "oh, there's a certain amount of lag between, say, when i eat coconut oil and this result with my digestion" it helps to make the problems more bearable, and you can really assess if your changes are working or not.

your motivation is great. being better for your kids and feeling better is a wonderful goal. with that mentality i think you will certainly have success!
    Check out my new webpage: The Carnivore Runner
    Friend me on "The Facebook"
    Follow me on Twitter!

For customized training / nutritional plans for runners from a former athlete who has personal experience in dealing with severe food allergies, please email me at foxATtinybikeDOTnet. I am ISA certified as a personal trainer and have coached many runners at the recreational or young-competitor level to towards their goals! Most of all, I'd love to help you with yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast