Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Martial Arts Shoes page 2

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quite a few people here have bought the Feiyue shoes. I have a pair for casual use, but also have several pairs of Merrell Barefoot shoes. The nice thing about the Feiyue's is that they are cheap. BTW the Shaolin Monks wear them...really! I started out with the Nike Frees as a transition shoe.
    Last edited by Lynna; 01-27-2012 at 08:31 AM.

Lynna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Man is Truth View Post
    What are the reasons for wearing barefoot shoes instead of just being barefoot? You get hobbit callouses soon enough where even broken glass just pinches for a second to inform you of the need to remove it.
    Work? I dress in business casual and I can get away with wearing some of the Merrell Barefoot shoes, instead of conventional ones.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Man is Truth View Post
    What are the reasons for wearing barefoot shoes instead of just being barefoot? You get hobbit callouses soon enough where even broken glass just pinches for a second to inform you of the need to remove it.
    Umm... really. Public. There are a lot of places (businesses) that frown on entry without shoes. The old "no shirt,no shoes, no service" policy. Plus, have you ever walked across a parking lot or on cement in Florida in the middle of the summer?? It WILL burn your feet, literally... leaving blisters, even with callouses.
    Plus there is the whole bathroom issue. Yeah, I'm NOT walking into a public restroom actually barefoot.

Around my home and yard barefoot is fine... for the rest of the world, NOT a chance. I'll keep rocking my VFFs.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Linny is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't walk around barefoot in public buildings. Knowing how toxic professional cleaning solutions are I wouldn't want that on my bare skin. Also I wouldn't go barefoot anywhere that people bring their dogs. Too easy to get hookworms.

wrinkledamanda is offline Junior Member
    I actually don't mind my feet being dirty or anything like that - although it's nice to be able to shed that dirt at the door rather than track it all over the house. It's the freezing cold ground this time of year in PA, and the scorching pavement in the summers! Also, not many establishements condone barefooters, haha! I'd like to buy a pair of barefoot shoes and then not have to even worry about it. I was thinking about going to JC Penny to see if they have some I can try on. There aren't many places within 20 miles where I can think to look for them except for JC Penny. If I have no luck there, I'll just wait for the next time I go on a shopping spree.

deepglades is offline Senior Member
    I have a pair of the high top Feiyue. I love love love them. Then I got a pair of the New Balance MX20's and havent worn them since. While the Feiyue's are super comfy and great at the gym, the NBMX20's are superior in every way. Plus I was able to go and find the right size prior to buying online.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12