Thread: Moggie's Food Journal page

moggielise is offline Junior Member

Talking Moggie's Food Journal

Shop Now
    I have been trying to be as "primal" as I can for almost a year, maybe a little less. The longest I have gone without grains and processed foods was a month. Lately I have been eating things like cookies(ALOT), on the weekends. The rest of the time I try to eat paleo. I am not trying to lose weight at all. If anything I want to build more muscle. I just have this sugar addiction on the weekends that needs to GO. As far as fitness goes for me right now I have been doing starting strength for a month now. My back has been hurting though for the past couple of days, and I haven't been able to do much at all. Except eat and sleep. So I thought it would be a good time to start this food journal. I don't want to count calories or anything like that. Right now I want to keep my carbs 50-150, but include a little fruit/sweet potatos/and some more dark chocolate. I think doing less limiting on my diet will help me eat better during the weekends. I have been thinking about doing lowcarb/high fat on non workout days, and higher carb/lowish fat on workout days. I think this will be better for me.

Although I am not counting calories I want to eat more too so I can lift more. These are my lifting stats at the moment.(not very good, but I had to reset already on my squats, I just need to eat more!

Squat--90lbs 3 sets of 5 I was able to do 1 set of 5 with 105lbs...
    Deadlift--145lbs 1 sets of 5... also tried 155lbs but only was able to do 3 reps(MY FAVORITE)
    press---65lbs (I think) 3 sets of 5 reps
    bench press---85lbs 3 sets of 5 reps
    I also can do 8 dips in a row. I can finally do 1 pullup!, and I can do 2 chinups, and I can do 1 kipping pullup(lol I watched some tutorials). Last time I checked I could only do 8 pushups...it might be more now, I can only hope.

BREAKFAST: 1 expresso, 5 scrambled eggs, half an avocado, okay okay and I had 1 serving of 85 percent dark chocolate.

Thanks for taking the time to read my journal. If you have any suggestions or improvements that I could make with my diet/routine please tell me! I won't be offended. I will try to post consistently, hopefully later again today! Thanks Again! (I also want to apologize ahead of time for my bland meals, If you have any easy/cheap/yummy paleo recipes, please tell me!) I am a horrible cook.

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    Moggielise!! This sounds like a GREAT plan to me. I am definitely going to be following your progress because I LOVE that you want to get stronger. I know that a lot of females are afraid of bulking up and getting big by lifting (and even as a collegiate athlete I fell into that trap too) but I am now realizing how awesome it is to be a strong athletic female! I also think its fun to try to set new PRs and just have something to work towards. As for your diet -it is smart to be balanced...I need to work on that because I tend to have an all or nothing mind set which can be good, and then very bad. Keep up the great work! Your sound like you are doing awesome.

PEACE! -BYD
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights. - Muhammad Ali

moggielise is offline Junior Member
    Wow, I don't remember putting that many smiley faces in my last post, sorry 'bout that. Oh and thanks becomeyourdream, even though I haven't been posting my progress at all! I love lifting now, it feels great to go in there and lift. At first it feels weird being the only girl in there(most of the time I am). Even if there is another chica in there they are just using light dumbbells or a barbell without added weight. I usually just lift when I feel like it, but I think I need to set a certain time I should go lift. I think I am going to start lifting somewhere between 7-9pm. I feel like there is nobody there at that time. One time I went at 5:00am on a Monday. I thought nobody would be there that early. As my mom would say, "Everybody and their dog was there."
    I have been eating somewhat healthy lately, but haven't been lifting much at all. My squat is 105x5, deadlift 155x5reps, bench still 85 haven't been doing that at all, press 70x5reps. I did try weighted dips. My one rep max was 25lbs(I might have been able to go 30lbs, but I didn't have a weight belt or anything which makes it sort of difficult. I can't really do dead hang pullups OR chinups anymore! That suprised me yesterday.

Since I have been really lazy I have decided I would start a new challenge for myself in March.(These are my goals)

1) Lift weights (starting strength) 3x a week. I would like my lifting numbers to increase at least 5lbs per workout for squat, 5-10lbs for deadlifts, press and bench hopefully 2.5-5lbs for now. I want to start adding in power cleans or

2) Walk/ride bike/play/yoga/stretch (on off days, pick an activity for at least 15 minutes)

3) Eat Paleo all of March, and track my meals right here in my food journal. If anyone reads this make sure I am eating vegetables! I have been mostly eating potatos, and fruit lately.

4) Actually try making meals, and or try new foods this month!

5) Find a job this month...might as well put this in here too.
    Last edited by moggielise; 02-29-2012 at 01:59 PM.