Thread: Healing, detox and types of exercises to do page

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member

Healing, detox and types of exercises to do

Shop Now
    I recently came back from a clinic where I have been treated for some major heavy metal toxicity (I am only 25) and I am on a pretty strict diet (definitely not in line with primal blueprint in terms of all the animal protein) but its key for ME as I detox and heal. My question is if anyone has any experience going through a detox period and what forms of exercise are best performed. When I was at the clinic focusing solely on my health I lost weight and felt great! now being back to the real world, I wake myself up at 6:30 every morning to run at the gym for 30-40 minutes. I feel good but I am gaining weight which seems odd, considering I am still living off all vegetables. I am worried that I am stressing my body! A lot of members are mixed on this being chronic cardio or not, but i want to know if anyone can shed some light on this and clear up the confusion for me! I want to get better, but I know sweating is good for detox, as is daily exercise. I'd like to get back in balance. Thanks for any experiences and wisdom.

lexie is offline Senior Member
    I'm new to this, so perhaps others may have better information, but maybe change your exercise? Instead of running, walk or do gentle yoga. Focus on sweating with warm baths or Bikram yoga, things like that. I'd disassociate the sweating from the exercise. Go for more gentle exercise that won't create inflammation in your body and promote sweating through other means to help flush toxins - things like warm baths, layering, eating spicy foods (if allowed) etc.

Not an expert, but those are just a few thoughts that I had.