Thread: UK sources of red palm oil

UK sources of red palm oil

Shop Now
    Hi. I've been reading about the benefits of red palm oil and I want to buy some. Don't know yet what to do with it; whether to use it for cooking or as a condiment / dressing - but first, I need to get some!

Any one know of a supplier??? Thanks.

You can get it from Amazon at Red Palm Oil, organic: Amazon.co.uk: Grocery or you could try this one Buy Palm Oil | We Stock Red Natural Unrefined Palm Oil and some branches of Sainsbury's sell it - you could always ask your local one to get hold of some for you! Good luck in finding some.

I just got some from Amazon. It has a distinctive taste, but I really am enjoying it. Eggs cooked in it are really yummy. I also made chicken with paprika, cayenne, cumin and red palm oil and it was fantastic.

Good luck finding some!

Thanks for that - I have ordered a bottle from Amazon. How do you use / take it? Buoy1, I do like the chicken / paprika etc idea. Any quantities to suggest (i.e. nearer to a recipe!!)

Have to confess that I haven't tried it as yet ... but it's something I definitely will be doing in the near future!

I have used this (Carotino oil from Sainsbury's) for baking rice flour muffins before I went primal. I was quite keen to use it as it's a source of lycopene and I can't tolerate tomatoes which are the best source.

If you do any primal baking with it, your cookies etc will come out a wonderful golden colour.

Flavourwise it works well in oriental stir-fries , but leaves a film of oil in the mouth and on the lips which is unpleasant in my opinion.
    Last edited by paleo-bunny; 01-26-2012 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    I have used this (Carotino oil from Sainsbury's) for baking rice flour muffins before I went primal. I was quite keen to use it as it's a source of lycopene and I can't tolerate tomatoes which are the best source.

If you do any primal baking with it, your cookies etc will come out a wonderful golden colour.

Flavourwise it works well in oriental stir-fries , but leaves a film of oil in the mouth and on the lips which is unpleasant in my opinion.
    Just googled carotin oil - it contains canola oil, which I don't fancy.

Our Story

I've ordered just red palm oil from Amazon - can't wait for it to arrive!

Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by breadsauce View Post
    Just googled carotin oil - it contains canola oil, which I don't fancy.

Our Story

I've ordered just red palm oil from Amazon - can't wait for it to arrive!
    In the UK we call canola 'rapeseed oil'. 100g of British cold-pressed rapeseed oil contains 56.9 g Omega 9, 17.1 g omega 6 and 8.1 g omega 3. That's a much higher ratio of omega 3 to omega 6 than extra virgin olive oil.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.