Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weighing page

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

Primal Fuel

With Mark's latest blog in mind, I'm curious how often you all weigh yourself. I'm in the habit of doing it every day, even several times of day (mostly out of curiosity sake after the initial morning weigh-in. As in "I wonder how much I weigh now that I ate. I wonder how much I weigh after peeing" LOL)

I'm really thinking about cutting it back to once a week. Do you think I'll make more progress losing fat and building muscle by cutting back on the scale?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

I've been weighing every day lately... because I'm so excited about my primal food. haha. Before (while trying to lose weight) I was weighing once a week. Before that, I almost never stepped on the scale... and somehow gained about 20 pounds in 2 years.

So, yeah, I think it's good to step on the scale now and then just to keep track of where I am (and don't wake up 20 pounds heavier...again). More than that is fine as long as it's not becoming an obsession. I'm sure once I settle into my primal diet more I'll weigh less often, but for now it's just so fun.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member

I weigh every Friday morning.

Dollface is offline Member

Me too, I'm a friday morning weigher. Sometimes more often but try to stick to weekly if I can.

LabRat Guest

The variable numbers with daily drive me straight up the wall, so I'm a once-a-weeker.

Granted, I'm still going nuts, because then your one data point can be ruined by, say, being bloated as hell after a gallbladder attack, say. And still kinda nuts because the last two weeks I've either been the same or actually a little heavier, even though I know with what I'm working out with I should be putting on muscle as is my usual wont after a long layoff.

Well, I FEEL good. Clinging to that with nails and teeth. :P

Conan Guest

Once / week, but I look in the mirror every day which is probably a more effective measuring stick than the scale anyways (that and the belt buckle test).

Hello Kitty is offline Junior Member

I weigh myself once daily, first thing in the morning. I am trending downward about a pound a week, but the scale may go up or down a couple of pounds in a day. I had a very non-primal winter and need to shed 5-8 lbs caused by carb indulgences. Never again!!! I'm old enough (45) NOT to have to learn lessons the hard way (after learning this one the hard way, sheesh.)

If I weighed myself only weekly, it would be difficult to recognize the trends. Considering the slow pace of the weight loss along with daily ups and downs, I wouldn't want to get on the scale after a week to discover that I "gained" 2-3 pounds. Not unusual for the weight to go up two pounds, then down four. Then perhaps not much fluctuation for a couple of weeks. Because I know all of that (data junkie here), the scale reading doesn't annoy me. Plus I am in a better position to adjust my food intake or activity level if I think it's necessary.

RogerDeRok is offline Member

I'm also a friday morning weigher. Although sometimes I'll get anxious and do it a couple days early and then again on Friday as usual.

cc40 is offline Junior Member

First thing every Monday morning. Since I "started" on a Monday, that's where I'll stay for awhile.

Anonymous Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I weigh myself pretty much every morning. Kind of obsessive about it, but don't worry about it that much. I'm to the point that it doesn't fluctuate that much, and when it goes up, I can almost always directly link it to something I ate the previous day. Since losing a lot of weight and going primal and eating less sodium than I used to, I've become a lot more susceptible to water retention from it.

While obsessive, I don't worry about it that much. I was obsessing too much with the ketostix so i stopped using them, though. Too much information about your body can be a bad thing when it starts to make you stress about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast