Thread: Rosacea? page

sbhikes is offline Senior Member

Rosacea?

My non-primal boyfriend has been diagnosed with ocular rosacea. The treatment is a lifetime of antibiotics. Does anyone have any experience with it? I have a vague recollection of reading about some newer treatment or maybe an alternative treatment or something, but can't remember. If you have anything to share, I'm very interested.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Okay, so nobody has an answer regarding rosacea.

How about what you might suggest as a way to survive a lifetime of taking antibiotics?

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    I had it pretty bad. Nightshades were doing it. My wife and I were shocked as my face went from neon red to - skin color - in just a few weeks without nightshades.

Some things that will also knock it down (mine does flare up rarely) include dandelion root tea (fresh picked and cut, not the kibble from the store), green apples and other anti-oxidant, anti-inflammatory, gum-drying sorts of food like green tea, etc.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

DubleYoo is offline Senior Member
    I have rosacea and my eyes were affected until I went primal. He should try it. I still use topical antibiotics (not for eyes I imagine...) because I'm afraid to stop those but I stopped taking the oral ones because I improved more after primal than I did after antibiotics. My eyes don't itch at all anymore. I didn't really get any results until I started eating a lot more vegetables though.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Interesting about the nightshades. I was wondering why nightshades, so I did a search on nightshades and rosacea and found this page: Cooling Inflammation: Heparin, Growth Factors and Rosacea

He mentions inflammation and getting enough Vitamin D, omega-3 etc and lots of people mention the paleo diet. I was reading about a new treatment using low-dose doxycycline that doesn't act as an antibotic but has anti-inflammatory properties. Looks like rosacea and inflammation go together and it looks like a primal/paleo diet and inflammation don't. I think he's really entrenched AGAINST the primal diet, but perhaps he'll be more open to it if he understands the link with inflammation. He also suffers from arthritis, which is an inflammatory thing too.