Thread: Do you live on Smoothies? (fruit/veg) page

misterbulgarin is offline Junior Member

I've recently bought a blender and i'm quite lookin foward to juicing some stuff up! Especially vegetables, It will be nice to finally make raw veg's perfectly edible in a fun format. Raw eggs, fruit, strawberries, the possibilities, so easy to make a nutritious drink..or should I say meal?

Should I be so excited for a damn appliance? It just seems so easy for something so good (healthy drinks!)

Anyone bought a blender purely for the primal lifestyle?

Do you make alot of smoothies/juiced meals?

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

no I don't - I like to chew my food and taste individual flavors. haha.

Glad you're excited.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

Grok had a blender?

Case closed.

FlyNavyWife is offline Senior Member

OTB not everyone wants to eat exactly what Grok would've eaten the way he would've eaten/prepared it.

I know I'm here for "real food" that benefits my body (versus things like processed "foods" or things that harm my body like wheat). I'm not here for some caveman reenactment. I don't think I'm alone.

That said, I still like to chew my food in general. heh.

Eating lots but still hungry? Eat more fat. Mid-day sluggishness? Eat more fat. Feeling depressed or irritable? Eat more fat. People think you've developed an eating disorder? Eat more fat... in front of them.

Charentais Guest

I'm lovin' avocado-coconut smoothies lately. The recipe is on this site.

Mmmm!

I want a juicer too!

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member

I do a protein shake for breakfast most days. It's fast, healthy and yummy. I like to do vanilla whey with apples and pie spices, and I like to do chocolate with berries. Sometimes I'll throw other produce in, depending on what I have. Ice cold and very refreshing too.

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member

Diana Renata, do you peel or cook your apples before using them in a shake? I find that when raw they do not lend themselves that well to shakes...

OnTheBayou is offline Senior Member
    Sarasota, Florida, USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

FNW, I was just being minimalist in my response. As you know by now, I'm no Grok purist. I agree, EATING is a nice part of the food experience. I'm not sure smoothies became such a part of the American food palette. I suspect a certain laziness of mastication.

FairyRae2 Guest

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification

I like to do a green smoothie in the am, to have w/ my bacon and sausage. I use 1 cup (thinned) coconut milk plus 1/2 cup frozen strawberries or other berries, 1 cup fresh greens--whatever I have on hand--and a pinch of stevia. (I used to use 1/2 a banana in place of the stevia, but it's really a lot of carbs, and I'm comfortable using stevia instead now and like how this blend tastes a lot!) I sometimes add a dash of vanilla extract as well. (If you're gluten free, be sure to look for gf vanilla extract, or make your own! Many are in a corn syrup base, so watch out for that!)

I love to taste my food as well while chewing, but enjoy getting in some greens in the morning w/out chewing them in a salad. And it's just plain yummy! Also, check this out about benefits of green smoothies: http://www.brighthub.com/health/alte...les/24795.aspx (May have some CW, but may also have some helpful info...)