Thread: Primal during pregnancy page

beach.bum is offline Member

Cool Primal during pregnancy

Primal Fuel
    Hi, everyone!

It's been a long time since I've commented on the forum, but exciting news-I'm pregnant! I've seen a few threads about primal pregnancies, but I was wondering if anyone new had advice or stories about your own primal pregnancies. I hope to stay as primal as possible (with higher carbs-from more fruit and potatoes) throughout the pregnacy, so any tips would be amazing!

Dragonfly is offline Senior Member
    Congrats!

Just a note--the Primal moms I know that had little to no nausea kept their carbs pretty low during their pregnancy. Do what feels good for you, of course, but it's perfectly safe to be low carb during pregnancy.

beach.bum is offline Member
    Thank you so much! I'll be sure to remember that when I get tempted by chocolate...

Silverbirch is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello,
    If it is OK, I'll join you on your thread? I got a BFP yesterday This will be our 5th child if all goes well but my first on the Primal plan. With all of the others I had horrible sickness for 7 or 8 of the 9.5 months and I would love it if I could avoid it this time!
    So far I have not had any noticeable fatigue and only the faintest nausea. I am keeping my fingers crossed that I don't find it too difficult to keep to the Primal plan and that all the foods I currently enjoy continue to appeal to me. I would hate to get an egg or coconut aversion!!
    As an aside..I totally blame/credit this way of eating on my getting pregnant! I have never felt so healthy in my adult life before . BTW I am nearly 42 so am a bit concerned about my age and pregnancy on my body this time. What is best to do for my pelvic floor for instance?