Thread: Fried food heart risk 'a myth' page

Legbiter is offline Senior Member

Fried food heart risk 'a myth'

Fried food heart risk 'a myth' - Telegraph

Don't know how sound the research is but my inner Grok smiled a little.

The authors concluded: "In a Mediterranean country where olive and sunflower oils are the most commonly used fats for frying, and where large amounts of fried foods are consumed both at and away from home, no association was observed between fried food consumption and the risk of coronary heart disease or death."

Winterbike is offline Senior Member
    And yet...

"We currently recommend swapping saturated fats like butter, lard or palm oil for unsaturated fats as a way of keeping your cholesterol down and this study gives further cause to make that switch.

“Regardless of the cooking methods used, consuming foods with high fat content means a high calorie intake. This can lead to weight gain and obesity, which is a risk factor for heart disease.

"A well-balanced diet, with plenty of fruit and veg and only a small amount of high fat foods, is best for a healthy heart.”
    Idiots.

Interestingly, I'm currently doing a Master's in a health and obesity related field. All the researchers are fat and out of shape. I'm not surprised.

Legbiter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Winterbike View Post
    Interestingly, I'm currently doing a Master's in a health and obesity related field. All the researchers are fat and out of shape. I'm not surprised.
    To quote Max Planck:

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

In other words, science proceeds one funeral at a time, so we'll be good to go once the current generation of researchers have kicked the bucket.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post
    To quote Max Planck:

"A new scientific truth does not triumph by convincing its opponents and making them see the light, but rather because its opponents eventually die, and a new generation grows up that is familiar with it."

In other words, science proceeds one funeral at a time, so we'll be good to go once the current generation of researchers have kicked the bucket.
    ...which won't be that long to wait if they keep eating those "wholesome whole grains" and unsaturated fats.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Legbiter View Post

I have that same attitude towards American voters.

It also reminds me of a Nova I recently watched on String Theory. One of the physicists on there, essentially, said that anyone believing in String Theory as a viable alternative to his thought (don't remember if he was quantum or relativity) were "quacks." I am paraphrasing all of it, but it's shit like that that stalls progress.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

naiadknight is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    "It's a myth, a MYTH!!!"
    "Yeth?"
    -the Muppet Movie
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome