Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal Journal: Like a boss page 2

al09 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Lex26- Thanks for the encouragement! It's nice to hear I'm not the only one dealing with food issues on top of grad school pressure! I'm no stranger to Primal, I just lose my way sometimes when I get caught up in a big ol' binge cycle. Which kinda makes it even worse, because I know what if feels like to be on and feeling good...but I continue to eat crap and do this to myself. Such is the cycle. Anyway, thanks for stopping by, I'm going to check out your journal!

Lex26 is offline Senior Member
    Just keep on eating according to your diet. It sounds like you just recently got on the wagon, so in the beginning you might be eating more than you need out of habit. But the longer you eat like this with enough fat, the more your body and brain will start telling you on their own - eh, I really don't want to eat much. God - when you get to that, it's sooo relieving. You actually, seriously can get to a point when you don't overeat because you don't want to - because your stomach says, "BLAH! I'm good, dude." It took me about two or three weeks to get that feeling.
    Starting weight: 225
    Current weight: 195
    Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Ugh guuuuyyys what is my problem?!?!

Had a really great morning...went to yoga, worked out some more at home, made a DELICIOUS big ass salad for lunch. Now I'm about to head to campus to meet with my supervisor and get some work done, except I make a little detour to the kitchen and have myself a little mini-binge. WTF?! All primal food this time...soooo that's an improvement, but seriously. I need to get a grip. I ate a whole avocado, some kind of cocoa powder/coconut milk concoction, as well a few other random things. I know it doesn't sound like much, but I was NOT hungry, just ate a huge lunch, and now I'm super full and kinda pissed at myself! UGHHH!!! Well, my plan is to fast until tomorrow. I can't believe I just did that.

wooty is offline Member
    i wouldn't fast, that sounds like punishment to me. just wait until you get hungry again, and then eat! this is something i'm really working on, perhaps even more than losing the chub---to learn to not eat for fuel and enjoy it, but also to forgive myself for eating emotionally or out of boredom. i have a meeting with my supervisors this afternoon too, and there is some chocolate in my freezer that is calling my name. i'm not hungry, but i know i'll have some, and that is okay.

Fasting

Yeah, fasting isn't supposed to be used as a punishment, it's supposed to be something you do when you really do feel every now and then that you can comfortably miss a meal because you're honestly not hungry for it. Or it's supposed to be a regimented eating schedule that helps you burn more fat. At this early point, I think fasting would be akin to overcorrecting a car when you've hit a bump in the road: The overcorrecting almost never goes well.
    Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
    My Primal Journey

You're right. You're both right. Fasting would have been a bad idea. I'm in no position to be fasting right now. I did end up eating again...some good food and some not so good food. I'm in a serious funk tonight. I'm not even going to post my food today because it was so stupid. Starting tomorrow (ha..never heard THAT before) no nuts and no dairy. Maybe for 30 days? Maybe just for as long as I can? I thought I could do moderation but obviously I can't.

Also, this morning was one of the first times since my horrendous binging episode that I wasn't super bloated. So I got to see what kind of real damage I did during that period of being off the wagon. I definitely gained some weight. Especially around the mid section. This freaks me out and makes me feel like I should jump back into 16/8 fasting. I did that this summer and I felt as though I looked good. I definitely had less fat and more definition. But on the other hand I'm not sure if I'm recovered enough to do that yet. Why can't I just have a NORMAL relationship with food?!

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    I just want to throw a "I second that" out to what Wooty and Lex said. I can say that I have had many binges (mini and big) and always punished myself and felt miserable after. Part of the reason I was no where to be found for a year on this website. After my 30 days (where I did a good amount of IF) I binged a little and then a lot and then decided I needed to stop all together because I was beating myself up about it all so much. I think that it is really hard to not be "all or nothing" and it is really easy to punish yourself but I think healthy eating habits are more important than losing any weight. By healthy I mean mentally healthy. I know its easy to say (I will probably need you to say the same thing to me down the road because I know I will find myself in the same situation) but do your best to recognize that it happens and it is okay. I honestly believe that eating primal is so healthy in terms of all the benefits for your body, but I also know that there is a fine line of healthy eating with primal because once you know that chocolate and bread and delicious things are out there (which most of us doing, being brought up on it all), you can't just pretend that they aren't and say i will never eat those things again. Those are just some of my thoughts - so be healthy! primally and mentally : ) don't beat your self up lady! love your self! -BYD
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

This is all part of experimenting for the right diet. When I first did primal, ate fruit. And then I would binge on 5+ apples a day. So I cut that out. But then dairy was still there and I would binge on whatever dairy products were in the fridge. So I cut that out. Then my cravings were completely under control. Everybody wants to pity me for not eating fruit or dairy, but honestly, life has been easier without them. With them, I was always overeating and then feeling like crap about myself. I continue to tweak things to figure out how to get healthier, but my self-esteem is a lot better than it used to be because I realize that when my appetite is out of whack, it's not my willpower's fault. It's because there's something biological going on forcing it to go a little wild.
    My Primal Journey

BecomeYourDream is offline Senior Member
    GET READY! AND GET EXCITED! This is going to be a great journey. I think we should do something that is a different kind of challenge like I don't want it to be 30 days and then its over. We can just make the 30 days our jump start! I know I certainly need one of those after the way my year has gone since I did that first 30 day challenge haha. Just my thoughts...
    MY "GET AWESOMELY FIT AND HEALTHY" JOURNAL!

"Become Your Dream" - De La Vega

"“The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses - behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” - Muhammad Ali

Oh I agree! I'm very excited for this! I also agree that I need to make it more of a lifestyle thing and not just a "challenge" that ends with me elbow deep in chocolate and almond butter for 3 weeks. Ew. I've totes been there and I'm NOT into it. Yea, I just said "totes", but I'm kidding so it's cool. ANYway....I also like the idea o f the 30 days just being a jump start! That follows the whole lifestyle thing. This is more than just a challenge! This is us getting SERIOUS and being primal bosses! We're going to show all our CW roommates/friends that we know what's up! They are going to drool over our abs while eating boxed mashed potatoes and lean pockets! Suckers.

I'm seriously going to take before pics...don't know if I'll post them though. Maybe at the end, if there's a significant difference. I'm also going to post later about what my personal "rules" will be for this whole thing. I still need to think about it. Also, maybe we shouldn't call them rules? I don't know, I've just had trouble in the past with "rules" and "challenges". Maybe I just won't use those words...maybe I will, I don't know yet. Alright, I'm excited! Yay mutual support! Can't wait to read about your goals!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast